Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Paypal Invoice Requests, and the users that ask for it

Old 06-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn' timestamp='1431734488' post='23614574
Never trust the random emails that say they are from paypal. Paypal does not put funds on hold till a tracking number is provided. Sometime they are on hold as they transfer accounts but it still shows in your balance. Moral is if it doesn't show in your paypal balance in your account they didn't send shit.

Except for e checks. Those take a few days to clear into a PayPal account.
Right thats what I meant with the funds being on hold till they clear and it will show in your history that it has been sent but that the funds aren't yet available. There is no transaction where paypal requires one party to provide a tracking number before the funds will go into the sellers account or anything like that.

The only time paypal will want proof of tracking is during a dispute and if it gets that far it is a different situation.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:14 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

paypal invoices enable the buyer to get promotional offers (e.g. 0% and no payments for 6 months on purchases $99+).

I now know this because I just bought a set of Ohlins DFVs from Patrick @ Urge Designs but I jumped the gun and sent him the payment with "send payment" on Paypal rather than waiting for an invoice.

Now Paypal is telling me that I may not be able to get the introductory promotion on this large transaction because I didn't use an invoice to initiate payment.

I let Paypal know that if they cannot give me the promotion I'd be paying off my Paypal credit balance immediately and would never use it again. They said they need 2 business days for "research" so we'll see.

Anyway, the tl;dr is: no asking for an invoice isn't a scam if you're a proper business setup to receive paypal payments.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:27 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

I used to run a business and used the invoice feature all the time, and preferred it. That way the customer has a request for the specific amount and info on what they are buying. Easier for them and me when it comes to returns, issues, etc. I dont always request them, but I would be leary of any business that would not send me one if I requested. There is no reason for a business to not send one unless they are trying to not document the sale thoroughly.