S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Site Info (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-info-4/)
-   -   Sig's Shrank (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-info-4/sigs-shrank-376586/)

Silver9k 04-06-2006 09:34 PM

Sig's Shrank

Umm...just wondering why sig's shrank all of a sudden and if this is going to be a permanent thing. Can members at least have larger sigs? I mean I just paid for membership after a while, I understood search was bad but was in line to be improved after some better servers. Now the sigs shrink? mine wasn't even that big, its what you see but finish the picture a little further to see all the wheel, and then two little tags below that (which I would add down by the AZ tag if I knew how)...

and I even just last week took off the extensive mod list that I used to have.

brent_strong 04-06-2006 10:53 PM

I think sigs are still plenty huge. Most sites are a LOT more strict than they are here. On the site I run (only ~3k members), we have a 500x200 and 200k sig pic limit. The sigs here that would take up half a page or more were just asinine.

Silver9k 04-07-2006 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by brent_strong,Apr 6 2006, 10:53 PM
I think sigs are still plenty huge. Most sites are a LOT more strict than they are here. On the site I run (only ~3k members), we have a 500x200 and 200k sig pic limit. The sigs here that would take up half a page or more were just asinine.

I agree that the sig sizes before were good, I'm talking about the change. If you look at the vertical size of my sig, that is as large as they can be now. My picture isn't supposed to end halfway through the rear wheel, and I'm supposed to have two little tags below that, but thats it.

My picture size is something like 467x240 and 32kb so its not that large...its almost within the limits of the sig pic limit on your site. I'm just saying, perhaps members can get the benifit of having up to a 300-350 pixel hieght sig.

And if anyone could tell me how to add tags down by my AZ tag, I'd put my current ones there and that would free up some more space

ruexp67 04-07-2006 06:14 AM

A little warning would have been nice too.

Ironic that it comes on the day that Xviper makes his plea to encourage more people to become members. :(

A change to the limit that affects the 5% with the TRUELY obnoxious sigs would have been :thumbup: However, a change that affects 90% of the sigs just seems like a big steo to take all at once.

ruexp67 04-07-2006 06:17 AM

It is also ironic that is also seems to take LONGER now to process because it renders the sig full-size then shrinks it down.

AquilaEagle 04-07-2006 09:19 AM

:confused: I have no idea about sigs shrinking. They haven't shrank at all for members. Your sigs above are about as big as they should ever be, any bigger and the sig police would be after you. :)

The White Mandingo 04-07-2006 10:08 AM

I think you should be able to have a decent size sig. It only shows up on your first post in the thread anyways.

Silver9k 04-07-2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Apr 7 2006, 09:19 AM
:confused: I have no idea about sigs shrinking. They haven't shrank at all for members. Your sigs above are about as big as they should ever be, any bigger and the sig police would be after you. :)

If you run your monitor on a 1024x768 pixel or less, then yes...467x240 takes up a good chunk. But here at my work computer 1280x1024 they are perfectly fine...and at home I run something like 1460x1xxx so its even smaller.

However, like said above, at least a little warning would have been nice...but I'll resize my pic when I get time. I figure I should complain because 1. I have the right too 2. Others I'm sure have the same opinion and just don't voice it 3. I think what was done was slightly dramatic.

But this is my opinion, most others sigs are of similar size, they don't bother me. If this is temporary, let us know...is this just until we get new servers? Or is this permanant? Is this just to help the servers? Or is this because people were actually complaining about everybody having gynormous sigs (I never saw any of that so I'm guessing the first). And like I said...can't we restrict guest sig sizes and give members slightly larger ones? ie. bring guests down even further then we have gone now and bump members up to the 300-350pixel hieght range, maybe gold members could go further if they wanted.

AquilaEagle 04-07-2006 11:19 AM

I have NO clue what you are on about. Nothing has changed about sigs shrinking, they don't shrink of their own accord.

If your sig is considered too big you will be asked to reduce it. Simple :)

Silver9k 04-07-2006 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Apr 7 2006, 11:19 AM
I have NO clue what you are on about. Nothing has changed about sigs shrinking, they don't shrink of their own accord.

If your sig is considered too big you will be asked to reduce it. Simple :)

this is wierd then...do you see everything in my sig? Does it look complete? like the rear wheel is all there and there are two tags (besides AZ) one for loud exhaust and the other for N/A

if you don't then thats not my whole sig, but, if you try reloading the page and watching my sig you will see the whole thing for about 30sec then it takes a certain amount away. If you don't see it, then??? Something is being weird