S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Site Info (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-info-4/)
-   -   Wow Cthree Real Mature (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/site-info-4/wow-cthree-real-mature-298020/)

tunerjetta29 06-13-2005 05:32 PM

Wow Cthree Real Mature

:bs: Wow, no one agreed with your opinions or felt a need to explain themselves to you regarding the S2000 VS Porsche debate so you simply close the post. Very mature. You are a great Admin and i hope the board realizes how lucky they are to have such positive contributions from you on this board.

P.S. Please delete my account as i will no longer be logging on to this board, there is no need when your knowledge and contributions are so far superior to everyone elses!!

:banghead:

Wisconsin S2k 06-13-2005 05:42 PM

dont let the door hit ya on the butt....

OCMusicJunkie 06-13-2005 05:45 PM

There was a great point made in the other thread: many people only paid $20k for their used S2000. Those people may very well opt for a used Porsche if they could afford it. The question was even applicable to owners of new S2000's, as it was basically asking "if it was yours to do all over again, would the S2k be the car you'd get for the price?"

Don't know why valid threads like that get closed. That's exactly what used to happen over at ECelica.com, which was shut down after a mass protest by members.

Revin9K 06-13-2005 05:46 PM

people with power always abuse it, as demonstrated by cthree.... :bs:

duff0000 06-13-2005 05:58 PM

Where's the thread?

Wisconsin S2k 06-13-2005 06:03 PM

what i read in that thread was this.

people gave differing opinions. some opinions were questioned for reasoning, etc. people got into some debates about why they agreed or disagreed.

THEN someone POINTED OUT cthree as being an "abusive" admin because he was debating someone's reasoning/opinion. in case you didn't notice, cthree is a person who has opinions too. admin or not, he is also allowed to voice his opinions and reasonings, and join in debates.

not until someone personally attacked him, did others then join in this attack on him as an admin, when in fact this had NOTHING to do with the thread.

people often forget us mods, admins, etc, are people too. we enjoy some debate or discussions just like the rest of you. we are entitled to opinions as well. i agree with him locking it. others made the personal attacks questioning his admin'ing when it had NOTHING to do with the debate at hand.

Wisconsin S2k 06-13-2005 06:09 PM

tunerjetta this was your post. you and cthree kept going back and forth debating your reasoning, etc. nothing got personal, though a little attitude was thrown in at times, nothing was out of hand, and you two were disagreeing on a point. and it directly related to the question of the thread. this is nothing new, happens all the time.

then you post this:

BTW: Admin's like you are the problem with S2ki and why i tend to stray away from this board. What is the point in you questioning my decisions? Are you benifiting the S2000 community with this? Are you helping answer the posters question? Im not getting it.....

that's it right there. you attack him personally and bring up all this crap about him being admin and him being a problem, and him questioning you, etc. people have disagreements and debates. happens on every forum on the planet. just because he's an admin doesn't mean he can't debate either.

you were wrong. and others unfortunately followed suit and continued the attack. so he closed the thread, while taking a parting shot of his own.

you were wrong. period.

revhi 06-13-2005 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29,Jun 13 2005, 09:32 PM
:bs: Wow, no one agreed with your opinions or felt a need to explain themselves to you regarding the S2000 VS Porsche debate so you simply close the post. Very mature. You are a great Admin and i hope the board realizes how lucky they are to have such positive contributions from you on this board.

P.S. Please delete my account as i will no longer be logging on to this board, there is no need when your knowledge and contributions are so far superior to everyone elses!!

:banghead:

Hmm, and starting this thread was "Real mature?" From what I read, the thread went off topic and should have been closed.

BTW I noticed you to start a redundant arguments in the other thread he closed to.

revhi 06-13-2005 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin S2k,Jun 13 2005, 09:42 PM
dont let the door hit ya on the butt....

Please let the door hit you on the way out, so you can come back and cry about that also.

Roadster_1 06-13-2005 06:30 PM

I caught part of the thread in question earlier. There are lots of folks that certainly know and understand lots of (especially) car information. SteveC comes to mind. In fact, I look into this site for that reason. Here's a potential problem, though....some people are really quite condescending in their posts. Now...I recognize there's a (very!) broad education level represented on this board...and, in general, I make an effort to filter comments the best I can. Having said that, I suspect the best approach (to be taken by the mods-admins) is to "take the high road", so to speak, and "steer" people in their (the mods) desire to impart real knowledge and understanding. Frankly, I, for one, applaud Wisconsin's tenacity in trying to (tactfully) make his point (some earlier theads).

There is a HUGE amount of misinformation (about our favorite cars) on this site. While I recognize the mods-admins are human....I think they can best "serve" (is this the mission??) the board by imparting opinions and facts...but, in a "kindler gentler" way.

I see this individual is a "gold member"....not sure those are the folks YOU want hitting the door...

:hello: