South Florida Owners from South Florida

TECH DAY/COOKOUT - March 1st, 2014

Old 01-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 212 Likes on 137 Posts
Default TECH DAY/COOKOUT - March 1st, 2014

What: South Florida S2KI Tech Day
When: 1 March, 2014 at 8:00 AM til whenever.
Where: 5111 NW 159th St Hialeah, FL 33014

So there have been rumblings in the SoFlo community about an upcoming tech day. A few members I've spoken to have voiced their desire to have one to take care of some maintenance they have been putting off, and maybe to learn something new about their car. I am happy to announce that Alex (Fyrestike) is opening up his shop to us all and has given me the green light to organize the first S2KI Tech Day for 2014! I will be grilling some hot dogs and burgers, and will be providing bottles of water to all guests. We have a lift, jacks, stands, and pretty much any tool you can think of. Also, we have hose access and a place to wash cars, so if anyone would like to wash/detail their cars you will be accommodated. I will start a list with whatever work you'd like done on the car (oil change, valve lash adjustments, detail, part installations, etc.) and will update it continuously.

The day will start at 8AM and end whenever. I will have coffee going for all the early-risers. The earlier you show up, the more work you get done. Easy, right?

I am also accepting all food/drink donations. You are all encouraged to bring things to cook, charcoal, plates, silverware, etc.

You will be expected to bring YOUR OWN FLUIDS AND PARTS! Thought I should make that clear.....

Going:
Fyrestrike (Absolutely nothing, will get to his own tech day late....)
B.r.i.a.n.
avarela86 (Wash and wax)
MugenAP2 (Beer drinking, bullshitting)
jeffbrig (Header install, height adjustment, valve adjustment)
Christian Tita (cruise control, Beer)
S2KSuzuka
Kreapin (valve adjustment)
s1mba
FFP*Ron (everything)
gst19psi (valve adjustment)
Bad1flip (hitting golfballs into the lake, pushing Brian's car into the lake, ruining lives)
Presto123 (diff fluid, transmission fluid, clutch fluid, brake fluid)
rikhemi (engine mounts, oil relocation kit)
murd0x
dandaman2883 (getting into those "tight" spaces, will be there at least 15 minutes early...)
TheRook (diff fluid, coolant)
s2knole (motor oil, trans fluid, diff fluid)
Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

in
Old 01-22-2014, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in for moral support. Possibly may wash my car.

Edit: now that I think about it maybe ill flush the power steering fluid. Its been acting up.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by b.r.i.a.n.
in
Awesome, on the list.

Originally Posted by avarela86
I'm in for moral support. Possibly may wash my car. Edit: now that I think about it maybe ill flush the power steering fluid. Its been acting up. Also if anyone has an OEM AP1 throttle body ill trade $60 plus cash for my 70mm bored out throttle body. Need spare cash for motorcycle parts. :-)
Dammit Alfredo, you know you have a problem when you're trading parts from one money pit to fund another money pit!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought you said Feb!? I am going to be in NY for March 1st. Hopefully I can catch the next one.
Is this Alex from the wash/wax day we had?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
I thought you said Feb!? I am going to be in NY for March 1st. Hopefully I can catch the next one.
Is this Alex from the wash/wax day we had?
It was SUPPOSED to be on the 22nd of February, but Alex has a race that weekend, so the tech day has been pushed to the right. DAMN I was hoping you'd help me install that amp that weekend......
Old 01-22-2014, 09:31 AM

SATURDAY!!! ill see if i can make it

I can help with the install of the amp if i make it out there. I did a digital five channel under my seat powering my two front components and i added rear speakers + one 12" sub
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by APoner

I can help with the install of the amp if i make it out there. I did a digital five channel under my seat powering my two front components and i added rear speakers + one 12" sub
Sounds good! You should come by Flanigans tonight though, introduce yourself, meet new people, bs, etc.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:56 AM

Im down. The only other s2ki guy that i know is mike (alwaysslammed) i think his name is.

I went to a meet a few years back at steves pizza in north miami. At the time i was in between jobs and worked at a cupcake shop. I brought everyone cupcakes lol other than that ive never been to another meet.

It sucks cause i loath hangouts like london square i felt like someone was going to do a burn out into my car or worse try to steal crap, but i love to get together with level headed people and bullshit.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by APoner

Where did you add the rear speakers?

Quick Reply: TECH DAY/COOKOUT - March 1st, 2014