Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

01 Spa yellow with hardtop ( how many made?)

Old 09-30-2003, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probert,

I didn't test drive that car, but I didn't think I needed to. I checked out that car when I was searching for a s2k. If you look carefully the front bumper has been repainted and has a crack on the bottom. The underside of the car at the 'rails' underside both the passenger and driver doors, the rails are completely scraped up and that area has also been repainted. Also, if you follow the rail thing on the driver's side all the way to the rear wheel, the thick underside paint is cracked at one spot (makes it susceptible to corrosion, especially if you're gonna drive it in the winter). My suspicion is that the previous owner was an idiot that drove the poor baby up a curb or went over a speedbump waaay too fast.

That scratch you were talking about on the driver-side door. You might not believe it, but that scratch wasn't there a few weeks ago because I've seen that car with and without that scratch as I've been to that dealer more than once.

The passenger-side front tire is also different from the others.....what a waste of a spa

All this gives you an idea of how the previous owner treated this car...

I REALLY suggest you use caution in purchasing this car. Even if you get it for 36G, 36 thousand dollars is 36 thousand dollars. The last thing you want to do is regret the hard-earned money you spent. In my opinion, it's better to pay a little more for something you're 100% comfortable with and hopefully won't regret. I was in your shoes only a few weeks ago, and believe me, I've almost made some rushed decisions on buying a used car prematurely(thanks to those that knocked some sense into me). If I learned anything from this, it's that buying a used car can be very rewarding (saves a lot of $$$), but it takes a hella lot of time to research and find the 'right' one.

Shop around or wait a bit, who knows what will come up in the next few months!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by probert
why would you say it is in bad condition?
Old 10-01-2003, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I know the scratch wasn't there when the car came in. Anyhow, the car has rustproofing for life which gives it lifetime warranty on corrosion so there is no concern for corrosion.

All said and done, I am the proud new owner of this "horrible S2000". I picked it up last night and I love the car.

Thanks for all the warnings and input on the car. I appreciate everybodies honesty.