S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   '02 S2k Silver... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/02-s2k-silver-38838/)

Nabs 79 12-14-2001 12:45 PM

'02 S2k Silver...

Just some thoughts about the '02. I saw the new silver 02 S2000 yesterday at a local Honda dealer. The car just sold! It really looks nice, IMO. I think it looks much better than the silverstone most of us have. Plus, with the small additions to the 02's, it really makes the car nicer ie. Red dash, aluminum trim around rear lights, timmings around door handle and some other places and that leather/Al shift knob, not to mention the glass rear window

Talked to the Parts department about a new glass window, and they said i would have to change the entire top. Surprisingly, the price quoted for the top w/ glass window was only $1,300!! Is that a mistake?? that does'nt sound so bad.

dgivelos 12-14-2001 02:00 PM

Sounds cheap for a new top and window. I too tried to haggle for a new glass window but my service rep told me the harness was different and I would need to get a new top. Did not ask price, maybe I will.

I did however tell him that the plastic was a piece of crap and that it distorts the images of cars behind me. Mind is bent and creates a bit of double vision effect. He agreed, and come springtime I will be getting a new plastic window. Not as nice as the glass but perhaps if I bitch enough I could get the glass and top at a reduced price.

The plastic window , for me, is actually a driving hazard, especially at night. Honda figured out that plastic windows and crappy audio do not a $50,000 make!

dgivelos 12-14-2001 02:02 PM

The plastic window , for me, is actually a driving hazard, especially at night. Honda figured out that plastic windows and crappy audio do not a $50,000 make!

Sorry about the poor English: Do not a $50,000 car make!. Gotta do something about those cheap drugs.

simon2000 12-14-2001 04:30 PM

I guess it's to each his own.. I prefer the Silverstone Metallic.. and the plastic window I prefer, as no one can see you from the rear nor from the side very well as it tends to blur..

keeping it incognito,

-simon2000-

dgivelos 12-14-2001 05:07 PM

I love my silverstone as well but the window is really bad. Try to see a new one with the glass, it's quite nice. My plastic has krinkled and makes for extremely poor vision when I look in my rear view.

hyper 12-14-2001 10:45 PM

am i the only one that would prefer the red accents from '01? the red dash is just too much red in plain view when driving ...

the only thing i like about the '02 is the rear glass window... i'd still prefer the shift knob from '01 ...

matrix 12-15-2001 08:40 AM

There was a black/red at one of the dealers when I was looking and I agree with Hyper...it was too much red for me. I prefer the red in the earlier models, but ordered blk because I prefer this colour scheme.