Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

2017 Southern Ontario Autocross Events

Old 04-20-2017, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Southern Ontario Autocross Events

After having an awesome day at Cayuga earlier this month, and frying my brakes on those faster corners, I decided to take a look for some upcoming autocross events. I want to see if there are any other people on this forum who are planning to attend some events around ON, and maybe use this thread as a good way to communicate which events are coming up, which club is affiliated, and who else might be going. The way I see it, until I have some track ready brakes I can still go enjoy some time between the pylons!

Welcome To the PITL Web Site seems to have a few events in the upcoming months at the Powerade Centre. Post it below if there are any others you know of so that we might see some nice s2k turnouts.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:21 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

You've come to the right place. I've contemplated about making a sticky for track and autocross days but the information can be quite scattered.

In any case, off the top of my head there's PITL, WOSCA, BMW Trillium all host autocross events. I've only managed to the PITL ones but I've heard good things from the others. Last year we had PITL thread bc a number of us on this forum would go regularly. Hope to see you out this season!
The following users liked this post:
madfunkwilly4 (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

WOSCA- at HIAWATHA in Sarnia, ON- start our season Sunday, May 21.
wosca.ca, check out the Facebook page.
  • Sunday, May 21
  • Sunday, June 18
  • Sunday, July 16
  • Sunday, July 23
  • Sunday, August 20
  • Saturday, September 16 (Fanshawe College Charity Event)
  • Sunday, October 1
  • Sunday, October 15
All events are held at Hiawatha Horse Park with the exception of the Saturday, September 16th event, which will be held at Fanshawe College.

We are not able to take payments through Motorsportreg at this time, so please bring cash payments to the event. If you do not know how to class your vehicle, please ask someone on our
Facebook Post

Please note that 2017 entry fees have been raised to $35 for members and $45 for non-members.

Our standard event schedules are as follows:

Gates: 8:00 a.m.
Drivers Meeting: 9:30 a.m.
Cost: $45 non-members / $35 members
Annual membership: $35

*Also available* plastic WOSCA vanity plates will be for sale for $5 each
Please register on motorsportreg.com

​​​​​​​darcy
The following users liked this post:
madfunkwilly4 (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by LDubz735
You've come to the right place. I've contemplated about making a sticky for track and autocross days but the information can be quite scattered.

In any case, off the top of my head there's PITL, WOSCA, BMW Trillium all host autocross events. I've only managed to the PITL ones but I've heard good things from the others. Last year we had PITL thread bc a number of us on this forum would go regularly. Hope to see you out this season!
I think I might have to make a weekend of it and hit PITL and the WOSCA events if my schedule is permitting. I think I'll do a little check in on this thread to see who might be going.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by madfunkwilly4
I think I might have to make a weekend of it and hit PITL and the WOSCA events if my schedule is permitting. I think I'll do a little check in on this thread to see who might be going.
Hey madfunkwilly4! Usually LDubz and I are staples at PITL - due to my commitments with Ontario Time Attack series, I can only attend 5 out of the 8 events for PITL this year.

Nonetheless, looking forward to seeing another S2k out at events. Maybe this time I can get to sit in with you!

Cheers!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Hey madfunkwilly4! Usually LDubz and I are staples at PITL - due to my commitments with Ontario Time Attack series, I can only attend 5 out of the 8 events for PITL this year.

Nonetheless, looking forward to seeing another S2k out at events. Maybe this time I can get to sit in with you!

Cheers!
Looking forward to it!
Old 04-22-2017, 03:09 PM

Found my first event this year! PCA is running an autocross event tomorrow at the Powerade Centre. Looks like 40 bucks for members so probably a few more bucks for non members. I attended one event last year and after some of the dumber drivers got booted it was a great time and a nice course. Hopefully I will see another s2000 out there this time! If anyone is in the KW area I am going to be meeting a friend at the sushi place in the Moose Winooskis plaza at around 730 to drive down together. Last year some BMW drivers cluttered the track in the morning but after that it was some solid driving from Porsches, Mazdas, and I placed middle of the pack with my s2k.

Heres the link
Autocross – Sunday April 23 @ Powerade Centre (Brampton) | PCA UCR
Old 04-23-2017, 07:39 PM

Found my first event this year! PCA is running an autocross event tomorrow at the Powerade Centre. Looks like 40 bucks for members so probably a few more bucks for non members. I attended one event last year and after some of the dumber drivers got booted it was a great time and a nice course. Hopefully I will see another s2000 out there this time! If anyone is in the KW area I am going to be meeting a friend at the sushi place in the Moose Winooskis plaza at around 730 to drive down together. Last year some BMW drivers cluttered the track in the morning but after that it was some solid driving from Porsches, Mazdas, and I placed middle of the pack with my s2k.

Heres the link
Autocross – Sunday April 23 @ Powerade Centre (Brampton) PCA UCR
Goddamn, I was at the Formula Kartways with the PADA group helping host the PITL Open House event!

Colin Caissie, our head instructor, showed up (in a Alfa Romeo 4C) for some fun runs.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:10 PM

Hey yea! Everyone was ogling the 4C, such beautiful cars. Placed about mid of the pack again and one driver even got me to help him learn the course by ride alongs so I was feeling pretty good Next I'll be going to the may 20th event for PITL hope to see you there!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:14 AM

Hey yea! Everyone was ogling the 4C, such beautiful cars. Placed about mid of the pack again and one driver even got me to help him learn the course by ride alongs so I was feeling pretty good Next I'll be going to the may 20th event for PITL hope to see you there!
The whole of team Pinnacle Advanced Driving Academy will be there - can't wait to get back out.

Quick Reply: 2017 Southern Ontario Autocross Events