S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   AEM ECU and Ontario E-Test (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/aem-ecu-ontario-e-test-1107070/)

Nelsonr31 11-30-2014 08:00 AM

AEM ECU and Ontario E-Test

Hey everyone, I'm looking for the guys that have AEM ECU' and have found any loop holes to pass emissions here in Ontario. I've searched this topic and nothing solid has come up here in Ontario.
I know the AEM deletes the OBD2 port so that means so pass on a direct emissions plug in. And by no means do I want to go the K-Pro and swap necessary sensors/DC5 computer for KPro route to maintain emissions compliancie.
Looking at a future turbo build on my S2K but ECU and Ontario E-Test seems to be the fine line for me.
Any Help and ideas is much appreciated.

myflys2k 11-30-2014 08:09 AM

If you're not willing to go with kpro or swap injectors/ecu then don't bother going turbo. You can always sell your 04 and go 06+ flashpro :rofl: kpro will look like a cheap alternative.

s2jizzer 11-30-2014 09:00 AM

^^^ why wouldn't you want to go kpro, it is the solution to the problem you have. You want to go FI but don't want the hassle of having to switch parts over when its e test time. Yeah kpro and all of the swap parts will cost maybe 500 or so more then a plug and play EMS but you still get pretty good tuning capabilities. I myself will change over to kpro when I decide to fork out the cash

Nelsonr31 11-30-2014 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by myflys2k (Post 23422123)
If you're not willing to go with kpro or swap injectors/ecu then don't bother going turbo. You can always sell your 04 and go 06+ flashpro :rofl: kpro will look like a cheap alternative.

Swapping ECU' and injectors isn't a problem, just wondering if anyone knows of a loop hole.

kryptonite 11-30-2014 09:23 AM

Works out to around 700-800$ more in parts & ECU + labour to swap out the valve cover and sensors

Only thing that would deter me from a kpro would be if I ever wanted to run E85 and go with a flex fuel set up.

Beyond that, I went with an AEM v2 purely not to deal with the kpro hassle right away. On a supercharger it would probably take a whole hours worth of time to swap everything out so I figure screw it

Nelsonr31 11-30-2014 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by s2jizzer (Post 23422153)
^^^ why wouldn't you want to go kpro, it is the solution to the problem you have. You want to go FI but don't want the hassle of having to switch parts over when its e test time. Yeah kpro and all of the swap parts will cost maybe 500 or so more then a plug and play EMS but you still get pretty good tuning capabilities. I myself will change over to kpro when I decide to fork out the cash

I know KPro very well and what its capable of from previous builds I've done. I just don't want to swap all this DC5 shit into my S2K when AEM' ECU is much better for tuning then KPRO and is a direct swap into my car now without messing with wiring. Just looking for any E-Test loop holes any one knows of, that is all.

Nelsonr31 11-30-2014 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by kryptonite (Post 23422176)
Works out to around 700-800$ more in parts & ECU + labour to swap out the valve cover and sensors

Only thing that would deter me from a kpro would be if I ever wanted to run E85 and go with a flex fuel set up.

Beyond that, I went with an AEM v2 purely not to deal with the kpro hassle right away. On a supercharger it would probably take a whole hours worth of time to swap everything out so I figure screw it

How do you deal with emissions? Swap ECU/injectors back and stay out of boost until etest is done?

s2jizzer 11-30-2014 10:01 AM

The crank wheel is direct fit and all the sensors are plug and play with the wiring harness that comes with the kit. The valve cover is from 06+ s2000 and the ecu retains all OEM characteristics. Therefore there are no loop holes for the AEM simply because the obd port doesn't work, the test won't even start because there is no communication. Plugging into another car will also not work because it will know that you aren't testing the same vehicle. So either way you are swapping out/installing parts to get the test to work. If you want to use an EMS, the consequence comes when it's time for e test. You could use an AFC/piggyback but they're pretty basic and I'm not a fan unless you buy a stage one FI kit that comes with a tuned AFC already (ie. SOS stage 1)

s2jizzer 11-30-2014 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nelsonr31 (Post 23422203)

Originally Posted by kryptonite' timestamp='1417371811' post='23422176

How do you deal with emissions? Swap ECU/injectors back and stay out of boost until etest is done?

Swap ECU, injectors, and remove supercharger belt

Nelsonr31 11-30-2014 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by s2jizzer (Post 23422215)

Originally Posted by Nelsonr31' timestamp='1417373864' post='23422203
[quote name='kryptonite' timestamp='1417371811' post='23422176']

Swap ECU, injectors, and remove supercharger belt
[/quote]

Wonder how that would work on a turbo setup, a little bit sketchy rolling around with a factory ECU/injectors on a turbo.