Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Any meets happening soon?

Old 01-08-2002, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm up for a meet if someone sets something up! No S2k though, as the car is stored!
Old 01-08-2002, 02:28 PM

What date do you think our first S2K (with cars) meet is going to be this year?

I know I'm looking forward to the first TRACK DAY!!! Who's going to arrange it?
Old 01-08-2002, 04:59 PM

Hey Adelaide, I'm with you. My bro and I just installed TEIN Type RA coilovers and were dying to test them out. I'm thinking about either Cayuga or Shannonville in early June or perhaps sooner, weather permitting. I've been told that Shannonville is a more challenging track and better maintained, though the Cayuga track is newer. I guess we will have to test both of them since we've got all summer. Ideally, we should round out a bunch of guys and book the track for the day. I have no problem arranging the time and day if we get enough people.

Cheers,
Old 01-09-2002, 02:02 PM

I think Dogman or Mindcore were talking about renting out one of the tracks in the Spring on another thread. Any update?

I'm definitely game (and I think everyone else would be too). And I'd love to see how those tein are working for you.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:21 PM
Former Moderator

Yep, We were talking about it. No updates though, we pretty much just talked
Now I hear Cayuga is great, but never driven it myself. Shannonville is also a very nice track, But man it's far. Maybe an S2K caravan down won't make it seem so far away.
Last spring we had a meet, Here's the link march meet
Last day of March. Gave poor Rob a cold, because I insisted we have the top down. We ravaged the Forks, but the road conditions we're pretty poor. Believe me though, when Spring rolls around, you won't care
So, In closing, Ya, I'm up for a meet, wether it be a beer over the winter, track day anytime, or a casual cruise.
Old 01-09-2002, 02:28 PM

OK,

Let's try to settle on a agreed upon date and see if we can't book the track.

How many people do we need and what's the cost to do it? Anyone has some expertise in this area? Maybe we could even arrange some instructors or something...that I would like!
Old 01-09-2002, 03:00 PM
Former Moderator

Last time we talked about it, I think Taylor had some ideas on how we could piggy back with HADA or soemthing. Let me see if I can get ahold of him, and see what he says.
Old 01-09-2002, 05:31 PM

Shannonville sounds great epecially the pro-track! I think Cayuga is a bit tight for the S2k but will still be fun. Whether i have the S or my racecar by then, i'll be in. I don't think the HADA guys will mind at all if we joined in the fun, i'm sure they are looking for more entrants. Although, i am sure they will want to make sure everyone lapping is somewhat familiar of the track or respectful of other drivers.
Old 01-09-2002, 06:03 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ITR Racer
[B]
Old 01-09-2002, 07:05 PM

Adelaide the track rental price ranges from $1500 to $2800 per day. $1500 is the beginners course and $2800 is the expert course. There really isn't a minimum number of people that you require. However the more people go the less it would cost. I say about 14 people would be nice that way if we go with the expert track it would only cost $200 per person. The one limitation is that I think they only allow 10 cars on the track at a time. I think we need to supply our own helmets too. I'm not sure about that.

Quick Reply: Any meets happening soon?