Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Anyone Daily Drive a Civic Type R in Winter

Old 02-10-2019, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 1999 I was buying an Accord sedan. Deal sort of done including floor mats (not included at the time). We get into the business office, and I am reviewing the printed deal before signing and I decide the deal wasn't good enough. I have them throw in a rear spoiler. After some bickering, they agree. Print up a new deal. I ask to take a final look and the bastards had removed the floor mats. I freak on them. I am about to walk out the door, and the sales manager says to me " you are going to blow this deal over floormats!" I tell him, NO, YOU are blowing this deal over floormats! I will get this deal down the street!! He fixed the paperwork and we signed the deal. Don't ever take anything for granted with these guys!

Jim
Old 02-10-2019, 07:00 AM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
When I walked out of the Subaru dealership I said to myself "these guys don't try to sell you anything other than the vehicle, how nice". I was in the business manager's office for about 5 minutes there. At Honda they keep you in there for hours hoping that their water-boarding techniques will break you down so you buy something extra from them. lol.
I will agree- we were at the London Subaru dealer yesterday dealing with Jeff the head guy of the day- it was your experience that inclined us to check out the used manual forester. He was absolutely excellent to deal with.
Our concern on that specific car was the previous owner didn't clean the underside often enough as the bolts etc were fairly rusted- not a functional issue, but it just didn't look nice.

just to keep on topic- Would I drive a typeR in the winter? maybe on the dry days- but the heavy slush days not so much.

darcy
Old 02-10-2019, 07:02 AM

Received 3,371 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo35ca
In 1999 I was buying an Accord sedan. Deal sort of done including floor mats (not included at the time). We get into the business office, and I am reviewing the printed deal before signing and I decide the deal wasn't good enough. I have them throw in a rear spoiler. After some bickering, they agree. Print up a new deal. I ask to take a final look and the bastards had removed the floor mats. I freak on them. I am about to walk out the door, and the sales manager says to me " you are going to blow this deal over floormats!" I tell him, NO, YOU are blowing this deal over floormats! I will get this deal down the street!! He fixed the paperwork and we signed the deal. Don't ever take anything for granted with these guys!

Jim
Yup I've had that happen to me, where they change the final sales agreement from the initial one that you sign and the end result is a worse deal for you unless you spot the changes and put up a stink with them.

Anyone else notice the new Hondas have dozens of sales representatives floating around, they are literally stuffed into every corner of the sales floor, and they don't seem to stick around for more than a few months at a time, high rotation of sales staff. Higher numbers of sales reps has to equal less sales per rep. In the old days they had much fewer sales staff but they hung around for years likely because they had high amounts of individual sales to make it lucrative for them to stick around. You could easily have the same sales rep for a number of your vehicle purchases over the years.