Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Anyone else out here a sucker like me?

Old 10-03-2001, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else out here a sucker like me?

I probably should preface it with, this is all for a good cause.

Anyhow I get these flyers in the mail for the Princess Margrets Hospital lottery and now the Canadian Cancer Society Lottery.

I open it and I see these cars, and there are a ton of them, Porsches, Bimmers you name it (Even a 2002 S2K in the Cancer Society one), and right away I'm on the phone calling in a couple of hundred bucks for tickets in hope to win!

Now the reason I do this isn't just cause I'm a nice guy...but I know I loser who bought 1 ticket last year for the Princess Marg's one and he won a Boxster S, damn good deal for $100.

Chances are 1 in 12 of winning in Princess Margs and 1 in 20 for Cancer. Both good reasons to help the efforts, especially if you can win a car or two.

Anyhow I just wanted to self justify that I'm not mentally challenged right now by writing this

Everyone Donate!!

There I feel better.

Vince
Old 10-03-2001, 01:45 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So far I'm into these hospital lotteries for over a grand. I've won a ladies watch, a small TV and believe it or not, a 1 year subscription to another lottery (which I've so far won $10.) Whoopee! I'm still in the hole. And I'll still probably keep buying the stupid things hoping I'll win the big one. I justify it by saying it's for a worthy cause. Geez, I'm a sucker.
Old 10-03-2001, 01:59 PM

Wow thats not too bad, the ones I've entered are all money or cars, no additional crap. Which is what I'd rather have I think.

I'm into it for a grand too, I figured if its 1 in 12 I'm gonna give it a go and see if I do any better with more DUH heh. Also the Canadian Cancer one will put you back in the drawing if you win, so you could actually win multiple times on a single ticket.

So have you won evertime you've "paid" for it?

I think I'd like the 2002 911 C4 or Mercedes S500. I'll take anything actually, but I'd like those.

If I get any crap like the Ford Focus I know some leech in my family will come looking for a handout..hell anything they think they can afford to insure, they'll be here.

Atleast we're suckers forwarding medical research...I must keep saying it
Old 10-03-2001, 02:12 PM

Yeah man, i shelled out a few hundred dollars for the Heart and Stroke Lottery. I never won a thing. I guess it's for a good cause which is fine, and i don't mind helping out, BUT...

One thing that bothers me is the way they falsely advertise this Lottery. I mean, lets be honest, it's not 1 in 20 chances of winning a prize at all. They just pick out ballots like any other lottery and the chances are more like 1 in a million!!!! Now, if i am wrong, please someone correct me.
Old 10-03-2001, 02:20 PM

I think its the ratio to how many tickets are sold.

Something tells me that the ticket sales are hardly in the millions, you might have 50,000 max sold. I can't imagine there are enough people out there willing to spend $100 per ticket. Considering thats a lot of money to a lot of people, its not for everyone.

I think they have to legally prove that its whatever they say it is, cause I know if I don't win I'll be checking it out

Already figured on the plate I'll get if I win the C4

SUCKER

Or SUCK3R if the later is take
Old 10-03-2001, 03:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Vince, no I don't win every time. However, I do have a guy at work who won 3 times in the same lottery. Whenever I buy a ticket now I bring it to work and rub it all over him. He's starting to think I've got some kinky sexual thing going on so he runs when he sees me coming.
Old 10-03-2001, 04:15 PM

I played once and didnt win anything, I'm looking to buy about 3 tickets in the next one. I hope I win something

When you win do you get a call or you have to look in the newspaper to see the winners?
Old 10-03-2001, 05:35 PM
Former Moderator

I never win, so I always check the paper. I'm in for 1200 bucks, and haven't one a thing yet. I bought again...Don't worry I'm a sucker too
but I'm feeling lucky this time!!
Old 10-03-2001, 06:31 PM

xviper - Well isn't that interesting what you fire guys do in the "off hours" I bet he hopes you win the big one and retire

Mike - Atleast you like to gamble , I get heavy breathing and shit when I drop a grand on anything..its quite funny but hey it often pays off, I tend to win a lot of stuff.

Wouldn't it be a laugh to win the lottery and have the car you win be the 2002 S2K? I don't know what I'd do hah.

When that buddy of mine won, I thought he lied until he drove up in the boxster, then he sold it a week later and I think he's broke again..but I digress.

Looking very forward to the drawing, I'm actually thinking of going to the live drawing so I can do some of those "In your Face" gestures.
Old 10-03-2001, 07:09 PM
Former Moderator

Make your avatar a mask!! Then I'll have a reason to watch BT

Quick Reply: Anyone else out here a sucker like me?