Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

APH dyno results

Old 09-25-2017, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I may have the lowest results (not including the miata). I have a aem intake, vibrant 3" high flow cat on a 2 3/4" test pipe, tanabe medalion touring catback. Working against it is it's a MY00 with approximately 179 000 km on it.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by gawa
I don't have much experience with this car also, just picked it up earlier this year. Was your dyno done at APH as well?
I think the gernby tune is pretty decent, the delta between the two runs was 22 hp and 12 tq at peak, with like 20~ midrange torque gains with just a test pipe and tune. Assuming you get about the same gains as mine, you'll already be in the 235 whp region with a test pipe and tune on whichever dyno you did your initial run on.
Hey no, I did my dyno last year with Tony the Tiger (dynamotor sport), so there may be a difference- but Tony's dyno's always been within a couple whp of most dynojets, so it's fairly comparable to most other dynos (though, yes I know that APH uses dynapacks as well).
And that's good to hear about Gernby's tune- that's my plan once I throw my test pipe (may weld a HFC onto it though) and my exhaust on the car. I'm only running the stock+ on my car right now (with FIPK) and the difference is night and day already in the mid-range with the higher redline feeling good too.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Wow dude!
Nice #'s.

CensoredByRFD - stop saying headers. s2k has a single 'header' and you sound dumb saying headers.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:49 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kobsession
Wow dude!
Nice #

Thanks

forgot to add mods

vortech supercharger 8psi
60mm test pipe
uk mod
4.44 gears (just for fun )
Old 09-26-2017, 04:11 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by CensoredByRFD
Hey no, I did my dyno last year with Tony the Tiger (dynamotor sport), so there may be a difference- but Tony's dyno's always been within a couple whp of most dynojets, so it's fairly comparable to most other dynos (though, yes I know that APH uses dynapacks as well).
And that's good to hear about Gernby's tune- that's my plan once I throw my test pipe (may weld a HFC onto it though) and my exhaust on the car. I'm only running the stock+ on my car right now (with FIPK) and the difference is night and day already in the mid-range with the higher redline feeling good too.
can't compare numbers then
Old 09-26-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CensoredByRFD
my experience with the F20/F22 motor is still pretty new, but when I picked up my S last year (MY06 140K) the first thing I did was dyno it bone stock and I put down 215whp. I would have thought that with headers, HFC w/ full exhaust and a tune would put down closer to the 230+whp that haga888 put down. Without a tune, I could see there not really being any gains since the car would probably run rich (can't see AFRs on your graph though), but with the gernby tune, I would have expected that the tune would be pretty decent without actually having it on a dyno. Sorry, just idle thoughts. All motors are difference.
From a time and price perspective, forget the Gernby tune and just go straight to APH. Nothing wrong with the Gernby Tune (I have one), but you can get APH to do yours in 2-3 hours in a day and have it spot on versus doing multiple iterations of the pulls and it can take from days to weeks depending on your schedule. And even then, he'll tune it somewhat conservatively bc it's an e-tune.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:03 PM

Received 88 Likes on 79 Posts

Wow dude!
Nice #'s.

CensoredByRFD - stop saying headers. s2k has a single 'header' and you sound dumb saying headers.
he is buying two and giving one to me
Old 09-26-2017, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by LDubz735
From a time and price perspective, forget the Gernby tune and just go straight to APH. Nothing wrong with the Gernby Tune (I have one), but you can get APH to do yours in 2-3 hours in a day and have it spot on versus doing multiple iterations of the pulls and it can take from days to weeks depending on your schedule. And even then, he'll tune it somewhat conservatively bc it's an e-tune.
That's not a bad tip actually. But chances are I'll be storing the car and not having the chance to deal with all that this year. Hopefully I'll be collecting turbo parts over the winter. The S is a great car, but definitely needs more power.

Wow dude!
Nice #'s.

lol my bad. I didn't even realize that was what I was saying.

I'm not used to dealing with 4bangers. Always been playing with V6's, I6's and V8's so there's never been only one bank for anything. I'm still getting used to how small the motor is in the engine bay and how easy it is to work on.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Wait... what did you do since the last time?????
Old 09-27-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by d1000rr
Wait... what did you do since the last time?????
cooler temperatures. When I tuned my car it was 30+C. I got in first with 25~ C

Quick Reply: APH dyno results