S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   ATTN: All Canadians - New Magazine (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/attn-all-canadians-new-magazine-158425/)

Canada Tuner 10-25-2003 04:38 PM

ATTN: All Canadians - New Magazine

Want to have your car in a magazine? Here's your chance.

We are starting a new magazine featuring Canadian import cars and content. We need feature cars for our premier issue, as well as some other content, which is why we have come to you.

We are looking for 5 cars to be featured with pictorials and full articles. If you would like to have your car featured. Respond to this post with the following:

Feature Car
-Year
-Make
-Model
-Trim
-Full Name
-Full Mod List (broken down by category)
-Lots of pictures

If applicable:
-HP/TQ numbers form dyno (dyno sheet a bonus)
-1/4 mile times (timeslip a bonus)

Now, just because you respond with the above does not mean your car will be featured (obviously). Also- this is not the only forum this will be posted on, so the competition will be greater than some of you will think.

If your car is chosen, we will then contact you by email and talk more in depth about your car, so that we can prepare a good article about you and your car.

If you don't feel yourcar has what it takes to be featured, but still want to give some content, there are other areas of the magazine where content is needed:

Tech Articles

We need some technical/how-to articles. These can be anything from installing a steering wheel to swapping an engine. If you have done any modifications to your car, and documented it well, then please fel free to submit the following information:

-Year, Make, Model
-What is being done
-Step by Step process
-picutres (numbered by step)
-tools needed
-time required to do the job
-and of course, difficulty level.

This is not all that we need for the magazine, obviously, but this is all that we are asking of you guys for now.

If you have any other comments/suggestions - any form of input, what you would like to see in the magazine/not see, etc. then PLEASE let us know.

If you have anything you would like to say/ask but don't want to post it in the public - you can email us at canadatuner@glausers.com, and we will respond accordingly.

The magazine will not be out for a number of months, but the preparations are underway, so stay tuned.

Decepticon 10-25-2003 05:54 PM

Why not do a section on s2ki the toronto chapter instead it would make for a more ineteresting read.

my aplogies for hijacking the thread

Canada Tuner 10-25-2003 07:13 PM

Not a bad idea at all. Who should I talk to about getting the necessary information?

Decepticon 10-25-2003 07:47 PM

Well you should talk to Mindcore or Dogman.

DoGMaN 10-25-2003 08:19 PM

Naw not Me, I have nothing in common with this scene.

Sean you may wanna just deal with this one.

Mindcore 10-26-2003 04:12 PM

Sean, if you want to speak about the modding culture, I would be happy to speak about the creation of this club, and the rest of that warm fuzzy crap, that has more to do with people then the car

DoGMaN 10-26-2003 07:20 PM

Yeah good call.

Callin all my chidren from the north to the south

Canada Tuner 10-26-2003 07:21 PM

I'm not too sure what is going on here, but it sounds as though you guys would be interested in us doing a piece on the club.

As I stated before, I would be more than interested in following up on this, just tell me who to get in contact with :)

Decepticon 10-27-2003 11:03 AM

Ok get in contact with myself I will handle the club aspect of it and the modding part. Mindcore and Dogman will take care of the creation of the club and its history.

So yeah contact me.

Xplosiv 10-27-2003 11:35 AM

Canada Tuner, welcome to the forum

I just started a new company, I'd like to advertise on the magazine, I dont know if my car is good enough to be the feature car, shoot me a PM for some details and I am sure we can work something out.

Rich