Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Avoid Krown Lakeshore like the plague

Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avoid Krown Lakeshore like the plague

I'm going to try to make a long story short by breaking this up into points, but basically this was the absolute worst consumer experience I have ever endured in my entire life... the customer service I received here was horrible, to say the least:

- Got my GF's RSX rustproofed there and was happy with the service, so I booked a day to have a Viper alarm installed on my beater

- Went to the appointment, waited 6 hours for the install to be completed as I live 40 mins away from Krown Lakeshore, and they had installed a Viper starter instead of a Viper alarm even though I had told him I wanted an alarm numerous times and I even have PM's on TCC stating I wanted an alarm, NOT a starter.

- Mistakes happen and I'm pretty easy to deal with, but when they made this mistake they did not say sorry, they actually had the audacity to ask me why I wanted an alarm on a winter beater anyways...

- My car used to be automatic, and they installed the starter on the car without notifying prior to the install that if I started the car with the car in gear, the car would take off. Obviously I knew this since the car was automatic previously, however, I thought I was getting an alarm so this obviously was not a concern to me. Someone with less knowledge should have been given the opportunity during the install to either accept or decline this type of install.

- I then had to call them for a week straight to get another appointment to correct their mistake.

- I went back, and 2 hours into the new install I decided to make sure the alarm they were installing was indeed a Viper alarm, since that is the alarm I want and was quoted for. Igor then tells me they're putting in whatever they have back there and he's not sure. To my astonishment, they were installing a different brand alarm into the car. At this point I told them to rip everything out and give me my money back, which they did.

- The charger on my gps was broken in the process, I know it happened during their install because when I got back in the car the charger was out of the socket and on the floor, but I didn't complain about this because, frankly, I wanted nothing else to do with them.

Incredibly poor attitude on what was their mistake 100%, while showing zero remorse for wasting 2 days of my time, and not once did I ever become agitated or unprofessional in the process. I have dealt with Audio Heaven and Selective Sound for alarm installs on other occassions, but I decided to give Krown Lakeshore a try. My advice to others would be AVOID KROWN LAKESHORE 100%, Audio Heaven and Selective Sound are a much much better choice, and I know I wouldn't have had this problem if I went to them. I wanted to share this with you guys so you don't make the same mistake I did.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We should start an official "Dont go here" thread for southern ontario. Add Flash Autoglass to the list
Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that's totally unacceptable, report this to the BBB or the guy on CityTV
Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a great idea. Should be helpful.

I'm looking for a good knowledgable car audio installer that wont pull your pants down for small things.

I need the navigation in my Prelude checked for wrong wiring but I dont want to pay for the full install. I used to have a great guy for this but he retired.

My list:

DO go to:
- Apple autogalss in Georgetown
- IPC (honda only) in Brampton
- OK tire in Etobicoke

DONT go to
- Any dealership
(I'm better at restaraunts for the DO NOT go list)
Old 01-21-2011, 11:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have had a bad experience there with my Civic. I won't be going back there.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 PM

I haven't gone back since i had my beater rustproof there..
they rust proof only ONE side of the car and not the other.. I got home and i looked under the car and it was plain dry where as the other side (driver) it was wet.. so I guess they tried to trick ppl bc u usually dont' look on the passenger side...

as they were parkign my car back outside.. they scratchs my front bumper.. it was fine with that.. it was a beater who cares

recently my friend brought his M3 there to rust proof and he SPECIFICALLY request NO DRILLing on the holes.. and in the end they drilled holes and all they said was sorry and the rust proof was free..

All I can say is i'll never take it there nemore.. I'll only take it Krown's headoffice in Woodbridge.. they get everything done RIGHT, the FIRST time.. been going there year after year afte rthat.. I think it's $10 more then Lakeshore, but MINUS the trouble!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:26 PM

nothing but good experiences at krown, sorry to hear this.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by kwasley,Jan 21 2011, 07:26 PM
nothing but good experiences at krown, sorry to hear this.
same here.. bummer that happened to you dude.