Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Circuit Racing in Ontario

Old 11-07-2001, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Circuit Racing in Ontario

Any of you guys go circuit racing? Know of any good places?

I went to a beginner/intermediate racing day @ Shannonville and it's fun. Under $100 for A LOT of track time. Sponsored by one of the race shops up in Thornhill. Really nice owner who showed us how to get there. Unfortunately the group was REALLY novice and a lot of people spun out including a white NSX whose driver did a lovely 540 into the dirt. There was a no passing enforced rule so it was generally safe.

A lot of ITRs....there were a dozen there, all modified. It was an orgasmic VTEC symphony. No S2000s...yet....
Old 11-07-2001, 08:50 AM

Evolution, you should try out Cayuga's racetrack. I think it is a 3 mile track and their are 3 racing circuits, beginner, intermediate and expert. It costs more than Shannonville though. You are looking at roughly $210 per day on a lap day, or you can rent out the entire track for the day at $2300. I suggest that if we can round up enough people it might cost less. That's what my friends and I did. A couple of the cars that I ran up against a WRX, Z3 2.5, Mustang saleen, and a z01 vette. It was a blast. You should check out their website at: www.cayugaraceway.com.
Old 11-07-2001, 11:51 AM
Former Moderator

What do you say next summer we rent out Cayuga for the day?

We can get at least 10 guys, in S2K's no less out. I was trying to set this up this summer, but well you know
Old 11-07-2001, 05:09 PM

If I get mine...I'm in!!!!
Old 11-07-2001, 05:58 PM

Sounds like a plan. I'm already looking forward to next summer. Too bad I already stored the car for the winter. These past couple of days have been perfect for cruising.
Old 11-07-2001, 06:01 PM
Former Moderator

I'm loving it!! I'm already 5 days past last year, and it looks liek a few more. My head gets a little cold, but its worth it.

I too am looking forward to next summer. There isn't one thing winter has to offer me
Old 11-07-2001, 06:12 PM

You can count me in for Cayuga as well.

Hopefully we can get a good turnout.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:13 PM

Sooooloooooo Onneeeee

Dudes, you can get a whole day of lapping for $85.

Course you need to join a CASC Club and then pay for a CASC Basic License, but after 2 or 3 lapping days you'd have it paid for. Course, I'd really rather see you guys actually compete, but baby steps work too.
Old 11-08-2001, 05:01 AM

Check out www.soloontario.com

I have competed in solo-1 in the past but i don't really like it because of the amount of competitors they have. It's just too many cars. You simply don't get the amount of lapping time you would if you went for a lapping day with some of the clubs.

If i still have my S, i'll definetly be in for cayuga but i think shannonvilles pro track would be more of a track for the S, as it is more 'open' to wind up that vtec!
Old 11-13-2001, 05:47 AM

Cayuga is a better Track for the S2000, that said, I never ran my Stook at Cayuga (I decided to stop running the S2K by then). Only Mosport DDT and Shannonville Nelson and Fabi. But Cauyga is a little more technical than the others and I rode along with another Stook owner at Cayuga.

Cayuga is also a safer track, as long as you don't ride the alligator teeth to the end where there are usually small holes that could make a big mess out of your rims.

I did 13 of 14 Solo 1 this year. It's addictive, even if you only get 12 timed runs per day. It's competition, and it's nice to watch people pushing their cars instead of at Lapping days with weak or no timing and some real inexperienced people on the track. I don't know how many club lapping sessions I've seen show up at Shannonville with no helmets.

Idiots.

However, I favor Solo 2 for the S2K. It's a monster and you get to learn more about the car and weight changes than in Solo 1.

Quick Reply: Circuit Racing in Ontario