S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Civic Type R (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/civic-type-r-1191976/)

S2KRAYZE 02-25-2019 07:34 AM

Congrats!! Huge fan of championship white.

zeroptzero 02-25-2019 01:54 PM

I always thought that Championship white was a bright white similar to the GPW on the S2000. It wasn't until I started seeing the new CTRs that I realized they are a bit off-white, a bit of a yellow tinge to them, it is a very unique white.

Jinderv 03-01-2019 05:53 AM

Thank you all! Can’t wait to see you guys again this summer!

zeroptzero 03-01-2019 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jinderv (Post 24572072)
Thank you all! Can’t wait to see you guys again this summer!

So tell us about your driving impressions...…. stop screwing around and post up more info J.

darcyw 03-01-2019 07:52 PM

I don't own one, but jvf1 has honoured me and I've driven his several times. My impression is lots of quiet torque and power with spectacular handling, but there is a lack of drama. I still love the look of the TypeR.
If I owned one, I'd put straight pipes on it to make it more vocal- kinda like Dean's (local TypeR owner). If I could only own one car, and one car only...it would be a typeR.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
darcy

darcyw 03-01-2019 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by p3tah (Post 24569687)

If someone is looking for a Golf R apparently St. Catherine's VW has TEN 2018 Golf R in stock and you can probably negotiate down to invoice price!

and yet they only have one manual shift on the lot. ONE! yup, I'm a broken record but there's no way I'm buying a car with 2 pedals. :)
darcy

darcyw 03-02-2019 06:06 PM

I can't buy GM...ok, I'd buy a used Camaro SS 1LE- holeee F balls that car put a big grin on my face.
I figure someone will be still making manual shift vehicles in 5 years...or they better. I find myself walking into dealerships just to ask the question I know the answer to- "do you guys put a manual in the X? Oh, you don't. That's too bad- I can't spend my money here."

SO, who still puts a real transmission in new vehicles? Mazda3, Nissan Qashqui, Nissan 370Z, Fiat500 Abarth, Challenger Hellcat (!), Chevy Camaro, Corvette, Hyundai Veloster (N!), VW Golf/Jetta, Ford Mustang, Kia Something or other, Porsche Boxster, 911 (barely), Subaru WRX, BMW 2 series. But the trend is to keep 3 pedals out of the hands of soccer dads and moms ie, family cars, or interesting family type vehicles.

But, Honda still puts manuals in several vehicles I like- accord 2.0T being one...and of course, the TYPE R! Looks like I'll need to buy one, eh?

darcy

Jinderv 03-03-2019 03:49 PM

Buy one Darcy :)

LemonJus 03-15-2019 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by darcyw (Post 24568804)
FCK yeah!
I always love driving a typeR. Great seats, fun to drive, power in spades- Out of the box they are an autocross weapon. Since our typeR friend can't make the RTD trip this year, you should come instead to help break yours in properly.

niiiice!
darcy

They're a track weapon out the box too! It's immensely capable at the track provided you don't overheat it. It really threw us at OTA for a loop when it was introduced. Needed some tweaking on the classes because on Mosport GP it was keeping some insane speeds on Andretti straight.

zeroptzero 03-16-2019 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by LemonJus (Post 24578241)
They're a track weapon out the box too! It's immensely capable at the track provided you don't overheat it. It really threw us at OTA for a loop when it was introduced. Needed some tweaking on the classes because on Mosport GP it was keeping some insane speeds on Andretti straight.

I wonder how they overcame the heating issues when doing so many runs at the "Ring"