Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

custom exhaust system maybe?

Old 02-14-2016, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Totalpkg
Originally Posted by s2jizzer' timestamp='1455472404' post='23880518
[quote name='Totalpkg' timestamp='1455459063' post='23880318']
[quote name='s2jizzer' timestamp='1455455783' post='23880294']
[quote name='kryptonite' timestamp='1455419373' post='23880125']
Originally Posted by Totalpkg
Fujisubo dual. I'm tired of noisy exhausts...I dont even notice the Fuji...berk cat...no drone...
I think that's the problem isn't it.. You don't even notice it then what's the point of an exhaust which has a similar exhaust diameter to stock
Someone didn't read OP
I read it...personally been there..done that...custom never fits properly...he said its ridiculously loud...he would be better off with a Fuji or the T1R sparrow...but from what I heard even that is annoying and drones...

Exhaust imo only makes a huge difference in charged applications...any changes I did was more for weight savings...at the end of the day I dont want to have a headache driving my car cause of the exhaust...on the track...yeah sure, but not on a daily driver. I think he would be better off looking for a quieter exhaust system than custom...but its his car....do what you want...
[/quote]
How does custom never fit properly
[/quote]

My experience with custom exhaust...I'll never do custom...4 different custom exhaust on 4 different cars...rattles, exhaust hitting floor pans, shocks etc...
[/quote]
That's just poor fabrication and judging by the fact that you're a low baller and cheap, dictates that you get what you pay for.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Well this didn't get personal at all..

OPs probably off fabricating his new exhaust while we argue about shit online
Old 02-15-2016, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
That's just poor fabrication and judging by the fact that you're a low baller and cheap, dictates that you get what you pay for.

Wow, it did get personal. Still sour about the coilovers? Not my fault you lost money on your purchase. If it was me I would have listed the coilovers at beginning or during the season to minimize my loses. In any case I should probably thank you because it did help me get a great deal on new KWV3's...I guess you do get what you pay for. No worries. However, I do take offence to 'cheap' comment...however, I will take the high road...and end it at this, and try not high jack the OP thread.

Again, to the OP, do what you want. My recommendation is look for a used quiet option, like the T1R 70R-EM Sparrow Single or Dual Exhaust, which does have 70mm version. I was gonna get this, but I there are reviews about this exhaust still having drone. If your dead set on custom, I'd look for reviews on a quiet muffler and resonator, but since its custom you won't be able to listen to sound clips or watch videos on your set up, vs buying already made exhaust systems...

Do a Youtube search on ' vibrant ultra quiet resonator before and after '. It will give you an idea of the sound difference using that resonator for a custom setup...

This clip is with the Vibrant Street power muffler and Ultra quiet resonator on a Prelude... ' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIMvdpgRlRg '
Old 03-07-2016, 07:20 AM

so ive been doing some research on this on my own, im thinking of just going 3" piping because its easier to find and i might supercharge my s in the future.

so heres what im thinking,
-75mm vibrant ultra quiet resonator
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...products_id=47

-75mm vibrant flat black muffler (hopefully it fits)
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...products_id=50

then 3" T409 stainless steel piping from my test pipe back.

last thing on my list is to find a shop that can do this for me, and do it well. I bumped my budget to 1000$ total for this which i think is a reasonable budget.
depending on who i find i dont know if they can do mandrell bent pipes, tig vs mig, etc, so ill most likely discuss all of that with them.

thanks for everyones input, im getting close to getting this done now so ill keep those interested updated.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A. Dos Santos
so ive been doing some research on this on my own, im thinking of just going 3" piping because its easier to find and i might supercharge my s in the future.

http://vibrantperfor...?products_id=47

http://vibrantperfor...?products_id=50

last thing on my list is to find a shop that can do this for me, and do it well. I bumped my budget to 1000$ total for this which i think is a reasonable budget.
depending on who i find i dont know if they can do mandrell bent pipes, tig vs mig, etc, so ill most likely discuss all of that with them.

thanks for everyones input, im getting close to getting this done now so ill keep those interested updated.
I would recommend 304SS pipe, to match the resonator and muffler materials. 409SS expands about half the amount as 304SS, as the temperature increases. Ferritic stainless does not form as well, and is not as weldable as 304SS, which is easy to form and weld. See below for the corrosion resistance of 409SS and 304SS. Hint, the rusty bit is 409.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkman199
Originally Posted by A. Dos Santos' timestamp='1457367615' post='23901260

I would recommend 304SS pipe, to match the resonator and muffler materials. 409SS expands about half the amount as 304SS, as the temperature increases. Ferritic stainless does not form as well, and is not as weldable as 304SS, which is easy to form and weld. See below for the corrosion resistance of 409SS and 304SS. Hint, the rusty bit is 409.
You'd want the least amount of expansion on the cat core for reliability?
Old 03-07-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by hawkman199
Originally Posted by A. Dos Santos' timestamp='1457367615' post='23901260

this is why I come here, thanks for the advice.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:43 AM

Any updates?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
Any updates?
bought the parts on ebay, waiting for them in the mail. then it's off to find a shop to install them. Will keep you guys updated for sure though.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:33 AM

eBay? Vibrant catalog bruh

Quick Reply: custom exhaust system maybe?