Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Do You Like the Savagegeese, or post up your favourite car review vids

Old 03-30-2019, 07:11 AM

Received 3,358 Likes on 2,441 Posts
Default Do You Like the Savagegeese, or post up your favourite car review vids

I tend to work long hours at most times of the year, then on weekends I tend to family/home/auto stuff, I really don't watch television anymore. My favourite stuff to watch lately is car review vids, and
I've taken a liking to Savagegeese.

I know he's been around for a long time, but I think he actually gets it when it comes to cars. I believe he owns an Ap1 S2000. He has reviewed everything from Alfas, Porsches, and some older Japanese cars that we all loved at one time. Many of the auto review guys out there come across as idiots, but this guy gets it, either that or he thinks much like myself. Whatever it is I tend to agree with all of his opinions.

I have a very short attention span, so watching a television show for 30-60 mins or a movie for 2hrs + doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore. This guy has reviewed so many great cars, the list is endless. His review of the old school WRX is as real as it gets IMO, not unlike the Speed Academy guys. He also has reviews on the new CTR, S2000, Focus RS, Skyline, etc. Post up some of your favourite car review vids or reviewers. I need more material to keep my entertainment going, lol

Savageeese YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgU...f-1uKOqG8XNcaQ

Savagegeese meets up with Speed Academy, best of the best

Old 03-30-2019, 07:28 AM

Old 03-30-2019, 10:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've watch all the S2000 content from these youtube channels too, SG guy is really funny.

There's a channel called DIYGuys with a tonne of S2000 maintenance and repair videos. Really helpful.

LHT Performance is good too.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by S2K Type R
I've watch all the S2000 content from these youtube channels too, SG guy is really funny.

There's a channel called DIYGuys with a tonne of S2000 maintenance and repair videos. Really helpful.

LHT Performance is good too.
Yeah I find SG to be rather funny too, good fun watching. I find his criticism and praise of cars closely matches what I like and dislike. Thanks for the other links I'll have to check them out.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:15 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Many car review channels lack the inventive presentation of Savagegeese.

I've been watching Savagegeese for some time. For reference, he's got an AP2 in yellow and a '98 (?) civic. The Ariel Atom may be his too. You'll find him on s2ki as well from time to time.
He's not out to make friends with the manufacturers. He doesn't sugar coat the review- try his "Ford Escape- when car reviews go wrong" video. He absolutely hated that pile

I really like the underbody analysis and engineering review. Try the Straight Pipes for some popular Canadian content.

darcy

Last edited by darcyw; 03-30-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:17 AM

^ yeah I think most of his test cars come from vehicle owners so he doesn't have to be nice to automakers. That's why he has no problem referring to a car as resembling "diarrhea" and the like lol.

I didn't realize he visits on S2ki, any idea of his screen name ?

In the interview he has with the Speed Academy guys, the blue S2000 they run has parts on it from my spare parts stash lol. When I sold off my parts stash the Speed Academy guys bought a subframe and sway bars from me. I recognize the turbo Porsche that is sitting in their shop in that interview, when I delivered the S2000 parts to them the turbo Porsche was in the garage where I delivered the parts and I recall being very attracted to it, that is Peter's car. Though I disliked the colour (brown).
Old 05-21-2019, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favourite to watch is Doug DeMuro or however it's spelt... He goes through all the oddities of a car like no other and rates them all fairly in his massive charts.

For pure entertainment I'll watch TheStradMan
Old 05-31-2019, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally don’t like him - just saying
Old 05-31-2019, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jinderv
I personally don’t like him - just saying
He has a nice review of the CTR brother.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:03 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

I enjoyed almost every SG video that I have watched so far. He strikes me as being very genuine in his presentations. The production quality of his videos always strike me as professional but that is not the word I would use to describe his own style (hence the genuine comment). Good stuff.

For something totally different I also get a kick out of the Harry’s Garage reviews on YouTube (Harry Metcalfe was the founder of EVO magazine). One of the few guys that appears to be loaded with cash but comes across as someone that I would enjoy having a pint with at the pub. His enthusiasm for cars and motorcycles alike is very palpable. I’ve actually enjoyed his reviews of the less expensive vintage cars in his collection more than those of the modern super cars.

Quick Reply: Do You Like the Savagegeese, or post up your favourite car review vids