S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Don't tell me it sold ????? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/dont-tell-me-sold-36166/)

simon2000 11-22-2001 01:13 PM

Don't tell me it sold ?????

I used to see this spa yellow s2000 advertised in the autotrader.ca all the time.. Actually I thought it was a piece of the dealer furniture.. Geez...

Howerver, today it's no longer there ?

I wunder if it got sold ?

It went for $53k and it was on display it seemed forever.. I hope I see it on the road somewhere ????

Do any of you know which car I'm talking about ?

simon2000

DoGMaN 11-22-2001 07:22 PM

I friggen doubt it. I've tried to get it for a few people but they wouldn't budge even a $100. Unless someone HAD to have it, then it likely got screwed up in the ad sheet. I saw them do it a few times when I was looking for mine, it'd be there one day and not the next, then back again.

VTEXTC 11-22-2001 07:31 PM

I tried on several occasions to purchase this particular car. All I can say is that Marino Honda in my mind is synonymous with the terms unethical, unprofessional and ignorant. When I first called the dealership back in July to find out why they refused to do a dealer trade with my dealer here in Calgary, I was told to basically "mind my own business." When I inquired as to if I could purchase the car from them, they tried to discourage me by stating that I would have to pay the Provincial Sales tax, which as an Alberta resident, I am immune from. Next, the sales manager comes on the phone, and I inform him that I am willing to pay $53,000 as is for the car. He refuses by telling me that the Sales manager plans on keeping the car in the showroom for five years, after which he will sell it for $100,000 CAD. No, I'm not exaggerating. This infuriated me so much that I lodged a complaint with Honda Canada, as well as sending an email to Autotrader.ca explaining that Marino was not truly interested in selling this vehicle, but instead was using it to lure potential S2K buyers into their dealership. Whether or not the car sold, is beyond me, but I doubt they were able to get $100,000 for it as per the sales manager. Sorry about the longwindedness. Just had to vent.
cheers
Asif
PS-I did end up getting the last truly avail. Spa Yellow in Canada for MSRP including ALL the options thrown in at no charge. So there!

Nabs 79 11-23-2001 05:20 AM

Agreed! That dealership are a bunch of a$$holes! I tried to buy the car aswell when i originally tried to buy a yellow one. Then i also tried to get my dealership to buy that one from them to no avail. The sales manager was both rude and arrogant!

simon2000 11-23-2001 05:42 AM

A 2006 s2000 for $100k.. yah whatever ???

That's the same mentality as this joker a few months back trying to sell me his 91 NSX for $97K... !!! I told him, if that car ever got sold I like to see the person and slap him upside his head..

I can't believe there are such s**pd people in this world who have no clue of car markets..

-simon2000-