Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Elite Automotive Group

Old 06-27-2005, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elite Automotive Group

Hi All,

I represent a small group of car enthusiasts based primarily in North America. Every few years we open the books to allow new members to join us. As a former S2000 owner myself, I though it would be nice to invite some of you to join!

We currently have 4 spots available for new Canadian members. The good news is that these will probably go to people in the GTA and surrounding area.

A little about our organization:
We are a close-knit group with approx. 65 members worldwide. As such we are particular about who receives membership. Usually membership is not advertised in this way but since I'm head of the Canadian chapter I make the rules

I know how great the S2000 is, but sadly I do not make all rules and many of our members have little respect for the car. We have a stringent, but brief, application process. We do not have "car meets" per se, but do have regular get togethers (families included).

Of course our passion is cars! I have an F40 and we are looking for people with the same calibre of car, so not just S2000 owners. One of our Toronto members recently purchased an SLR McLaren and my Maserati MC12 will be here in a few weeks.

Each year we like to have a worldwide gathering and this year I'm happy to say that it will be n Napa Valley, gratiously hosted by one of our members, Jamie Odell
Managing Director of Beringer Blass Wine Estates. Thanks to Jamie, food & lodging will be provided at a few of the Beringer vineyards throughout the valley. Too, another of our members, Robert Milton, has arranged transport to and from CA through Air Canada.

Last year in Monaco we had an absolute blast and I'm expecting this year to surpass it!

If anyone is seriously interested in joining our little group, please PM me. I travel quite a but so it may take a few days to respond.

Cheers,

Phillip
Old 06-27-2005, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys are in a different level, a higher level that is.

I seriously wont feel too comfortable chilling with a group of fellas who drive cars that are 10x more expensive than mine. Like you said yourself, many of your club members have little respect to the S2000, so what the hell is the point?

maybe you should try the Ferrari forum or the Porsche forum. Most of us are not cool enough for the club anyways. Here we talk about piss and whores 24/7
Old 06-28-2005, 04:31 AM

Lets see pics of the F40.

I can never see enough photos of that beautiful and timeless beast.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:55 AM

You've explained there is a group and you get together.

What are the other benefits? Cost? Commitment level of said applicant etc.

Not wanting to call BS right off the bat, but S2000 - F40 is a hell of a leap, either you had someone rich die or you won one hell of a lottery.

Is it just me or would anyone here feel comfortable in this group?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:59 AM
Former Moderator

I would feel very comfortable in this group..
Old 06-28-2005, 06:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys do any car swap meets?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:54 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by f40_guy,Jun 27 2005, 09:12 PM
but sadly I do not make all rules and many of our members have little respect for the car
Yup, that's got me sold. Not that you're looking for any western cowboy hicks anyway. But I'd really like to pay big annual dues to rub shoulders with elitist pompous asses. Please reconsider opening up more territory. I'll crank up my still for the party if admitted.
Some of your "people" may have a problem with owners of certain "low respect" cars posing as true car enthusiasts. I have a problem with some of your members posing as real human beings.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:22 AM

Too funny, but what I think he means to say is that ppl wouldnt necessarily have interest in S2000s next to the other cars this group may/may not have.

That is till they take their cars to the track and get beaten up, all day long, by lil'toy S2000s being driven well.

But what I dont get is if this group is all about having the high end cars, why only have social events? Many people here could afford cars that prob would suffice, so why if they only have a requirement for owning the cars, why not make it about the cars and not the ppl?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BioBanker,Jun 28 2005, 10:22 AM
But what I dont get is if this group is all about having the high end cars, why only have social events? Many people here could afford cars that prob would suffice, so why if they only have a requirement for owning the cars, why not make it about the cars and not the ppl?
With SHALLOW people, it's all about "ME".
Old 06-28-2005, 09:33 AM

I guess I made somewhat of a mistake posting here, even though a few of you have PM'ed me. It's been awhile (1999-2000) since I owned a stook. I bought it on spec when they first came out and my daughter eventually took over the car. At that time I guess the owners were different.

A friend of the family turned me on to s2ki.com, I recently found a new S2000 for him in Huntsville so he wouldn't have to wait for one to be shipped from Japan. Great fella, so I thought I'd offer the invite here.

At any rate, we are not "elitist pompous asses", have "had someone rich die" or "won one hell of a lottery", nor do we have membership dues. We do donate twice yearly to charities but the amount given is entirely at the member's discretion. Most members are family men/women and as such we include family in the majority of our events.

My apologies if I gave the wrong impression of our group. For the few that showed a true interested, I will deinitely be in touch when I return home to go over the short application process.

Phillip

Quick Reply: Elite Automotive Group