S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Euro GP - Post Race (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/euro-gp-post-race-294378/)

03_AP1 05-29-2005 06:03 AM

Euro GP - Post Race

1) Saw Kimi's accident coming 10 laps before Speed Channel noticed the vibrations.

2) Good showing for DC

3) Honda is back racing again right?

4) Hiedfield isn't a championship contender, but he's definately secured his ride for next year.

5) JPM is a has been - that is if he was ever something to begin with.......he'll be joining the ranks of JV soon.

See you in Grandstand 24 in Montreal :hello:

Balzz 05-29-2005 06:10 AM

Pretty boring race except for the closing laps. Those wheel tethers did a good job. I'm still rockin my McLaren hat for the day...Kimi got hosed.

rioja 05-29-2005 06:14 AM

ohhhh Kimi :egads: :banghead: :cry:

s2ksimon 05-29-2005 10:28 AM

we all anticipated "uncertain" closing laps, and we're sure experiencing it due to the tire regulations

Nabs 79 05-29-2005 10:37 AM

Stoopid tire rule! :banghead: :banghead:

matrix 05-29-2005 04:28 PM

:iagree:...they are so lucky that the tire did not blow out on the front straight...KR got ripped off today.

matrix 05-30-2005 12:58 PM

McLaren Call for Tyre Rule Rethink
Sunday, 29 May 2005 16:43

McLaren CEO Martin Whitmarsh has branded the current rules dangerous after Kimi Raikkonen crashed out of the European Grand Prix.

The Finn had flat-stopped his front right tyre and suffered a strong vibration in the latter part of the race. The vibration got worse by the lap and eventually caused his suspension to shatter in the fastest part of the circuit with just one lap left.

Sauber driver Felipe Massa also suffered from a vibration during the race, his front left tyre eventually damaging his front wing.

Current regulations say drivers must use the same set of tyres throughout the whole race unless a wheel gets damaged.

Whitmarsh said Raikkonen's accident proved the rules put the drivers at risk.

"Kimi acknowledged in the end that he shouldn't have flat-spotted the tyre, we took a decision, we would have had to negotiate on the tyre situation anyway, obviously it has created a precedent now, which demonstrates how dangerous it is," said Whitmarsh.

"It has been commented on all the way through, these regulations have given us a dilemma, which we would rather not have. But Kimi accepted we made the right decision.

"We are here to win, rather than fight for third place, we are here to take points from Alonso."

BMW motorsport chief Mario Theissen agreed with his rival in calling for a rule change.

"I would prefer to have a standard tyre but then to change it as often as you want during the race," he said. "The main reason to introduce the current rules is to save money and I think we could save more with a standard spec tyre with no testing and then change them as often as you want.

"One has to closely watch the situation. I was pleasantly surprised in the early races of the season because switching from three or four sets to one per race is quite a big change and I expected more problems than we had so to me it I was quite a surprise what we saw today."

Ya think so????? :banghead:

Can someone explain to me where the saving are when they have to develop a new tire that will last qualifying and the entire race??????

PLYRS 3 05-30-2005 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by matrix,May 30 2005, 04:58 PM
Can someone explain to me where the saving are when they have to develop a new tire that will last qualifying and the entire race??????

so let me get this straight....

somewhere, some fvckstick, with decision-making power introduced the one-tire rule to save money?

explain that to the guy that has to write a cheque for a new McLaren....

Nabs 79 05-30-2005 02:18 PM

I just don't get F1 lately. It just looks like some amateur run organization!

matrix 05-30-2005 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,May 30 2005, 04:09 PM
so let me get this straight....

somewhere, some fvckstick, with decision-making power introduced the one-tire rule to save money?

yup - dumb eh?