Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

expired plate sticker ticket?

Old 08-18-2015, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default expired plate sticker ticket?

So I've been on temp stickers for a little while now because my cat broke, and I decided my dumbass needed a test pipe right as my etest was coming up, so I've been using temp stickers until I can get a cat.
my last one expired on Saturday, but there's no way I could get another one even if I wanted to because max is 2, so I was driving on an expired sticker. Got the disco lights, 110$ fine etc etc, and I really don't want my insurance going up any more, so is there anything I can do to "fight" it or get the ticket dropped?

tldr:
got a ticket for expired sticker
- max 2 temp stickers
- in the middle of moving, so not really any time to fix car and get it etested to get reg
- literally cannot afford to have insurance go up any more.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It's my understanding that such a ticket will not increase your insurance rate as it's not a moving violation. May need confirmation on that though.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think there's much you can do.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
It's my understanding that such a ticket will not increase your insurance rate as it's not a moving violation. May need confirmation on that though.
from what I'm told, it will increase the rates. Maybe I'll call insurance and find out. The 110$ isn't a big deal for me, it's the 400+$ a year extra for insurance if that's the case.

insurance is a f___ing scam.

also, gonna double check when that sticker expired, because I thought it was saturday, but I could have been mistaken.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=64515.0

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ticke...late-390370/3/

Posters in both of the above threads say it won't affect insurance. Double check for sure, it would be dumb if your rates went up for something that has nothing to do with being a safe driver.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
it would be dumb if your rates went up for something that has nothing to do with being a safe driver.
Originally Posted by A. Dos Santos
insurance is a f___ing scam.
lol but seriously, thanks for the advice, I'll call and double check with my insurance company.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 AM

it doesnt raise it.
And i got this ticket before, its easy to throw out.
Just meet with the prosecutor and show receipts that you renewed your stickers. Thats all
Old 08-18-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well instead of buying a cat, go the spark plug defouler route or buy an 02 spacer from vibrant and you will pass e test with a test pipe. Also for the ticket the best way is just to show proof that you did renew your sticker, however I think that only works if you display proof within a certain time limit, that of which I'm unsure. I've been running a test pipe for 2 summers now with no engine light
Old 08-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
Well instead of buying a cat, go the spark plug defouler route or buy an 02 spacer from vibrant and you will pass e test with a test pipe. Also for the ticket the best way is just to show proof that you did renew your sticker, however I think that only works if you display proof within a certain time limit, that of which I'm unsure. I've been running a test pipe for 2 summers now with no engine light
This

I did my etest with a testpipe and a defouler, you have an AP1 right? You'll be fine.

What everyone has said is right, it's a non-moving violation, won't affect your insurance. Plus it's easy to fight off or reduce the fine at the very least
Old 08-18-2015, 03:54 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

It's a self-inflicted wound. But you knew that long before it happened.

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: expired plate sticker ticket?