S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   First Time Using Crutchfield for Car Stereo.... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/first-time-using-crutchfield-car-stereo-1190405/)

zeroptzero 12-16-2018 12:43 PM

First Time Using Crutchfield for Car Stereo....

I've always heard of Crutchfield in the past but always bought my stereo stuff locally and installed the stuff myself. I just used Crutchfield for my current project car. This is a great way to buy car stereo products, such a smooth transaction. Free shipping in Ontario, 1-2 day delivery. . There are no extra duties to deal with and pricing is in Canadian dollars. Free wiring harness for plug and play install, and free mounting frame and trim which is vehicle specific. Once you get your oem head unit pulled out it is a 10 minute installation. The project car is getting a double DIN unit to replace the factory single DIN, bringing a bit of modernization to the 18 year old interior, drops in place, no fuss. If I change the speakers later down the road they also give you free speaker wiring harnesses and mounting plates for plug and play fitment. I wish I knew of them when I upgraded the S2000 HU as I wired it in all by hand. Their product selection is endless, great company to deal with.

jaymz 12-16-2018 06:33 PM

:thumbup: I've used them a fair bit over the last couple years. Double din for my Forester XT (gone), Double din and siriusXM receiver for my current CR-V (daily) oh and under seat powered sub, HU upgrade for the S as well. Plug and play harnesses are one of my favorite inventions solder it up on the bench and install couldn't be easier.

zeroptzero 12-16-2018 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by jaymz (Post 24544490)
:thumbup: I've used them a fair bit over the last couple years. Double din for my Forester XT (gone), Double din and siriusXM receiver for my current CR-V (daily) oh and under seat powered sub, HU upgrade for the S as well. Plug and play harnesses are one of my favorite inventions solder it up on the bench and install couldn't be easier.

Good to hear your experience, I wish I had found them sooner. Their harnesses would save a ton of time for sure.

fernando. 12-17-2018 06:16 AM

Replaced all the speakers in my truck using Crutchfield - fantastic online search tool to ensure the speakers fit your door/dash etc, the speakers come with free install hardware and the shipping is literally 1-2 days at most.

10/10 company.

zeroptzero 12-17-2018 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by fernando. (Post 24544571)
Replaced all the speakers in my truck using Crutchfield - fantastic online search tool to ensure the speakers fit your door/dash etc, the speakers come with free install hardware and the shipping is literally 1-2 days at most.

10/10 company.

That's great to hear also, after I get the head unit done I'm sure I will want to proceed onto the speakers later. Good to know they have easy install hardware provided and the fitment help does make it so much easier, and fast shipping is always good too. It all ships from Ontario from what I've read.

haga888 12-17-2018 08:59 AM

Not knowing anything about car stereo's... I have a big JL amp and sub in my trunk from the previous owner. I'd like to shrink this amp to something more manageable and may at some point get rid of the sub altogether to save some weight.

Is this Alpine amp something I can replace it with? It says it can be 3-channel with I think 50W to the door speakers and 150W to the sub. Seems like what I need but I have no idea.

Also, if it'll fit, can I jam this under the sub enclosure (where the spare tire tools would sit in the hole in the trunk)? Or is that going to kill the thing?

Alpine MRV-F300

clubhopper 12-17-2018 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by haga888 (Post 24544665)
Not knowing anything about car stereo's... I have a big JL amp and sub in my trunk from the previous owner. I'd like to shrink this amp to something more manageable and may at some point get rid of the sub altogether to save some weight.

Is this Alpine amp something I can replace it with? It says it can be 3-channel with I think 50W to the door speakers and 150W to the sub. Seems like what I need but I have no idea.

Also, if it'll fit, can I jam this under the sub enclosure (where the spare tire tools would sit in the hole in the trunk)? Or is that going to kill the thing?

Alpine MRV-F300

depending on what the rating of your speakers are. This will put out 50Watts RMS to those suckers. If they are rated for less you will blow em.

location in the baggage area should be ok. I don’t think these small amps get to be that hot. I had an old 4 channel alpine back in the day and it always ran pretty cool. It’s not like you are running 1000Watt RMS or something...been down that path :).

side note: been dabbling in car audio for a long time. It actually influenced my chosen career path as a kid in high school.

I have used Crutchfield since 2006... Back then it was more hard getting Canadian shipping. Glad to see they stepped up their game...and never forgot about us lol.

haga888 12-18-2018 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by clubhopper (Post 24544794)

depending on what the rating of your speakers are. This will put out 50Watts RMS to those suckers. If they are rated for less you will blow em.

location in the baggage area should be ok. I don’t think these small amps get to be that hot. I had an old 4 channel alpine back in the day and it always ran pretty cool. It’s not like you are running 1000Watt RMS or something...been down that path :).

side note: been dabbling in car audio for a long time. It actually influenced my chosen career path as a kid in high school.

I have used Crutchfield since 2006... Back then it was more hard getting Canadian shipping. Glad to see they stepped up their game...and never forgot about us lol.

Thanks. I don't know if 50watts RMS is crazy high but the door speakers are aftermarket (can't remember, Infinity maybe?) so I'm going to assume it can handle it.

That's why I like this forum. Even when you've forgotten you wanted to do something, someone reminds you that you have money burning a hole in your pocket lol.

clubhopper 12-18-2018 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by haga888 (Post 24545018)
Thanks. I don't know if 50watts RMS is crazy high but the door speakers are aftermarket (can't remember, Infinity maybe?) so I'm going to assume it can handle it.

That's why I like this forum. Even when you've forgotten you wanted to do something, someone reminds you that you have money burning a hole in your pocket lol.

i has 5 1/4” infinity speakers once. The 2 way coaxial ones with the tweeter. I think those were rated at 40W RMS.

haga888 12-18-2018 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by clubhopper (Post 24545213)

i has 5 1/4” infinity speakers once. The 2 way coaxial ones with the tweeter. I think those were rated at 40W RMS.

damn, ok. maybe I'll wait until I find the box he gave me. I've had the door panels off and I don't recall them being 2 ways though.