Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Forums dry lately?

Old 06-05-2012, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap!! Did you get new plats or the same plates... Finish the story on how you got them back!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kobsession
Originally Posted by Reapur' timestamp='1338876454' post='21754734
Alignment bolts only get seized in Markham... Along with 100% perfect alignment print outs.

You're bitter about that aren't you? Give it up already dude. Wasn't that like 2 years ago?
He's not the only one and he has a legitimate beef - why should he just give up?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by afzan
Originally Posted by s2kobsession' timestamp='1338901047' post='21755159
[quote name='Reapur' timestamp='1338876454' post='21754734']
Alignment bolts only get seized in Markham... Along with 100% perfect alignment print outs.

You're bitter about that aren't you? Give it up already dude. Wasn't that like 2 years ago?
He's not the only one and he has a legitimate beef - why should he just give up?
[/quote]

Crying about it isn't going to make a difference. Shit happens. Move on. In the future, just choose your mechanics and shops wisely.
I appreciate how you have not mentioned shop names, because it's not fair to just hear one side of the story and influence the opinions of others like that. I have had bad experiences with shops that others on here praise as well. Just understand that comments like "Alignment bolts only get seized in Markham... Along with 100% perfect alignment print outs" don't accomplish anything. They only make you sound like a crybaby.

This is something for us to discuss face to face over a beer or two. Not everything is perfect but surely we can find a solution and put this to rest. Message me if you want to meet up and discuss. If you don't want to try and resolve it, please stop bringing this back up from the dead.

Remember Jasonoff? And how/why he got banned? Very similar situation, and I appreciate your input on these forums so lets let this die.

That is all.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Seymor Butts
Holy crap!! Did you get new plats or the same plates... Finish the story on how you got them back!

That's what I wanna know! How did you get your plates back? Are you taking it to court?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by s2kobsession
Originally Posted by afzan' timestamp='1338904558' post='21755329
[quote name='s2kobsession' timestamp='1338901047' post='21755159']
[quote name='Reapur' timestamp='1338876454' post='21754734']

[/quote]

Crying about it isn't going to make a difference. Shit happens. Move on. In the future, just choose your mechanics and shops wisely.
I appreciate how you have not mentioned shop names, because it's not fair to just hear one side of the story and influence the opinions of others like that. I have had bad experiences with shops that others on here praise as well. Just understand that comments like "Alignment bolts only get seized in Markham... Along with 100% perfect alignment print outs" don't accomplish anything. They only make you sound like a crybaby.

This is something for us to discuss face to face over a beer or two. Not everything is perfect but surely we can find a solution and put this to rest. Message me if you want to meet up and discuss. If you don't want to try and resolve it, please stop bringing this back up from the dead.

Remember Jasonoff? And how/why he got banned? Very similar situation, and I appreciate your input on these forums so lets let this die.

That is all.
[/quote]

I don't know what happened to Jasonoff, probably before my time here on s2ki, but one shouldn't have to live in fear and worry about speaking their mind on a forum, unless the comments are racial etc... If you have a bad experience taking your vehicle somewhere and the problem is legitimate the local community has a right to know. It happened last summer when I first got my car and didn't really know much about it. If I had knowledge about said shop and countless bad experiences I would have avoided it from the start. Ive heard many instances of bad work/shady business practices since then and refuse to drive out of my way and to pay for lies and laziness.

Live and learn I suppose. Its not like I'm on here every minute bashing the hell out of them. Recently a friend took their car to the shop and got flat out lied to which in my books, is pretty low. If a shop is willing to go to those lengths as to forge results of a service you paid good hard earned money for they deserve to lose business, paid sponsor or not. It could result in someone losing their life on the road or the track which isn't worth biting your tongue over when it could have been avoided completely by taking your car to a place that does honest work.

If people remain complacent sheep and say nothing then change will never happen. If the business sees that people don't like their shop/service it will hit their pocketbook and maybe force them to do honest business in the future, which is a win for future customers.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:49 AM

Well the outdated form the cop gave me Fromm 1997 was still accepted by the ministry they just wanted a safety with that form ....btw I got no tickets which was a plus so I don't have to fight anything or go to court.... the system is a viscous cycle made to bring in cash for the government that's all It is ...got new plates issued to me since the other ones were seized and returned to the ministry since the car was deemed unfit it cost me $26 and I was out the door a happy man with new plates ...it's more of a problem
If u have custom plates cause they cost an arm and a leg
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 AM

That's what I'm talking about... If my custom plates get seized, I'll be SOL on that eh.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Seymor Butts
That's what I'm talking about... If my custom plates get seized, I'll be SOL on that eh.
I think you'd have to pay $99 and wait for them to arrive, that's the fee for replacement personalized plates
Old 06-05-2012, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by afzan
Originally Posted by Seymor Butts' timestamp='1338912199' post='21755825
I think you'd have to pay $99 and wait for them to arrive, that's the fee for replacement personalized plates
Yup. I lost my front plate in some deep snow this past winter (ITR is more of a snowplow) and I was forced to get new generic plates or pay the $99 to order the same ones I just had. Pretty silly IMO, but thats the government for you.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 AM

Ouch

Quick Reply: Forums dry lately?