Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Gauging intrest

Old 02-09-2006, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey albert,

I would be interested it made a huge difference on my ek.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:38 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Can fur-inners get in on the group discount? If so, I need a set as well depending on price. Maybe even two sets if you guys can get me a pair for my Integra.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:36 PM

I'm interested too!

SS Brake Lines made a HUGE difference in my RX-7.

Let us know how much.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:52 AM

I really have to have the science behind this explained to me. I don't buy for a minute that expansion of the stock brake lines is going to increase brake fade. There is more than enough brake fluid in the reservoir to allow for the small increase in brake fluid volume due to line expansion. It's one of the reasons the reservoir is there after all. Corrosion elimination is the only other viable reason I can see.

Some one explain this to me please. With hard facts, not just "I put them on my car and they are amazing", placebo effect stories.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MOTU,Feb 10 2006, 08:52 AM
I really have to have the science behind this explained to me. I don't buy for a minute that expansion of the stock brake lines is going to increase brake fade. There is more than enough brake fluid in the reservoir to allow for the small increase in brake fluid volume due to line expansion. It's one of the reasons the reservoir is there after all. Corrosion elimination is the only other viable reason I can see.

Some one explain this to me please. With hard facts, not just "I put them on my car and they are amazing", placebo effect stories.
LOL

um, what happens when you push the pedal down and all the pressure goes into expanding the lines?

as opposed to applying the brakes?

pressing pedal = X amount of pressure

X amount of pressure = expands brake lines (not the intended effect)

Old 02-10-2006, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by MOTU,Feb 10 2006, 07:52 AM

Jay and I were going back and forth with this earlier...my thought was that if the lines expand, the diameter of the hole should actually decrease and give firmer pedal feel. After consulting someone more engineering inclined, it was pointed out the heat reduces the elasticity of the rubber which is probably a larger factor than the line expansion thing.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Feb 10 2006, 08:22 AM
um, what happens when you push the pedal down and all the pressure goes into expanding the lines?

as opposed to applying the brakes?

pressing pedal = X amount of pressure

X amount of pressure = expands brake lines (not the intended effect)

That has to do with pedal feel, not fade imo.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL

when your brakes fade, what does your pedal feel like?

wait, don't answer that....hopefully, you'll never have to.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:08 AM

I've felt pad fade and the starting of fluid fade. I am unclear on how either would be alleviated by SS brake lines.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:34 AM

I know when i took my civic to the track when i had it my lines expanded so much after 2 laps that when i tried to hit the brakes the pedal hit my firewall and i still didn't really slow down. It scared the SH!T outta me!! I wish i had stainless lines that day because if i did than that would have never happened.

I definalty support having SS lines. Better pedal feel and knowing that the feel will be the same no matter what conditions and type of driving you are doing is very comforting

Quick Reply: Gauging intrest