S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   gettin' the kg/mm's installed tomorrow (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/gettin-kg-mms-installed-tomorrow-39544/)

PLYRS 3 12-20-2001 12:19 PM

gettin' the kg/mm's installed tomorrow

since my car is at the dealer anyways, i'm going to go and drop off the kg/mm's and have them install them - they said they could have the car ready tomorrow aft.

charging 2 hours labour at $78/hr - not bad.

will give my impressions over the weekend - although, they won't be conclusive since i'm rolling on snows right now.

ed (tams2), i know we talked a couple of weeks ago, but let me know if you still want the h&r's. if not, i'll make them available to the marketplace.

on a side note...

i wish i had the money to just go out and buy a ferrari - at least that way, i wouldn't be giving myself a headache trying to figure out which mod to do next....

see you.

Nabs 79 12-20-2001 02:00 PM

i must have missed something, why are you going with kg/mm springs over h&r's? And why not just go coil-over? I personally would never just install springs without the proper shocks to match the characteristics. Good luck with the springs, keep us informed how they compare.:)

momo652 12-20-2001 02:03 PM

About the ferrari, just trade in all your cars and you should be getting close to a F355. lol

How much of a drop are those kg/mms compared to the H&R's?

What are you lettin the H&Rs go for? Is the ride stiffer with those?

S TWO K 12-20-2001 02:03 PM

I think you'll be happy, I'm very satisfied with the ride quality.

momo652 12-20-2001 03:33 PM

IS it stiffer than stock?

PLYRS 3 12-21-2001 05:07 AM

itr, yeah, i know, i was going to get coilovers, just didn't have the cash at the moment. plus i like a change every now and then - the kg/mm's were $430 - relatively small investment especially since i can sell the h&r's to recoup some of that.

on a side note, many people on the board have said that coilovers are the way to go...but, i had a VR6 corrado with coilovers back in the day. i then switched to an eibach/koni spring/shock combo from the coilovers. my experience was that THAT car handled better with spring/shocks than with the coilovers. so, from my experience, i'm not confident that coilovers will ALWAYS be better than a spring shock combo - i can't/don't agree with that statement for a fact. i may get koni's to go with the kg/mm's in the future as i'm sure after another year, my stock shocks should/will be toast (50K on car now).

momo, PERSONALLY, at high speeds, i found the h&r's a little on the soft side (compared to stock). but then again, i didn't have the stock springs on long enough to form a concise opinion. i just "recall" the stock ones as being stiffer. i've offered them to ed tam - if he doesn't want 'em, i'll contact you. the h&r's offer a one inch drop and the kg/mm's are a tad more.

regards.

momo652 12-21-2001 06:41 AM

Also does lowering your car void warranty?

PLYRS 3 12-21-2001 07:01 AM

based on my experiences, no, if the "work" is performed by a dealer.

as you may be aware, most manufacturers - especially honda/vw/audi - offer many aftermarket items through their dealer network/parts deparment.

also, it has been my experience that depending on your approach/manner, they will turn a blind eye to some things. i had my 2 front shocks replaced under warranty about a month after i lowered my car even though a dealer DID NOT do the install.

also, i seem to have great relationships with car dealerships for some reason....;)

S TWO K 12-21-2001 08:34 AM

I would say the ride is a little stiffer, and the car may handle marginally better.

My dealer installed them for me.