Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Hi, I've Started Lurking Around A Bit Lately....

Old 07-15-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts
Default Hi, Been Away Much Too Long, Started Lurking Around Again just a Tad....

Hey to everyone in this great community that I truly missed in past months. I finally got the interest to return to some S2000 stuff. Sorry to say that I've been AWOL for a long time , but it has been a rough period of time, probably the worst in my life I'd have to say. I purposely disappeared off the face of the map, but I want to ease back into things. It started with some health issues of a family member, then I kind of got sick myself, I've lost 30+ lbs and I am not totally sure how that happened. I have to say that I truly needed the weight loss, just not quite sure how it all happened. Also had some funky family stuff going on that further aggravated things. I'm self employed for the most part and I had quite a bit of new clients wanting to come on board, and I made the mistake of taking on more business when I really didn't need it. There was a time when I thought the entire world was conspiring to kill me, and this all happened over the last 6 months. There were many weeks when I wouldn't even look at the S2000, I even considered selling it as I didn't expect to drive it much this year. I still don't have much interest in tinkering with it mechanically, but luckily for me it was in tip top shape and ready for the Dragon trip just before I had to cancel that trip. So I don't need to do anything to it maintenance wise which is good. In the last few days I've done quite a bit of top-down driving which has been glorious. My son won't let me sell it and we have done a lot of bonding over this car In recent months oddly enough. One year ago he hated cars, now he is totally obsessed with our S2K. I've got 45 day insurance on it now so I'm using it as much as I can. My son and I had some fun pulling into his school during exam week while all the kids were outside waiting for rides home, much like last year, it's funny how many teenagers love the S2000 these days, I never expected that. My wife is feeling better, and I am feeling decent, I think my weight loss is stable (knock on wood).. I've spent a small fortune on a new wardrobe after dropping 4 pant sizes, so no money for the S2000 , lol. I sold my Jeep and got into a Honda HR-V which I really like surprisingly, so we are a 3 Honda family now. My wife and I are taking a trip to the Caribbean in coming weeks, which is much needed for the both of us. Looking forward to a more positive end to 2017, the first six months have been brutal. I've always lived my life trying to build some good Karma so I am not sure what went wrong, but shit happens I guess. I don't expect to make any meets this year, work and family duties in the next two months will keep me very busy. I hope to be more active next year if all goes well, but I truly do miss everything about this group. I may visit the forum and post up a bit more now when I have time, wishing everyone a fun and safe summer season with their S2000's . All the best

Joey
Old 07-15-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Hey Joey, I missed your posts
and glad to hear that your back. Your son sounds pretty reasonable glad to hear from you. It's funny about the s2k, it's always there for you even at the end of the day when it's the last thing on your mind.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:14 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad everything is somewhat back to normal. Good to have you back!
Old 07-16-2017, 04:17 AM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome back!
Old 07-16-2017, 04:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Sounds like things are turning in the right direction for you, health related issues can really change a life quickly. Happy to see you are coming back, I think we all miss your wealth of knowledge.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome back !! good to hear from you again. There was a void in the Southern Ontario community forum, good to have you back.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome back!
Old 07-16-2017, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by starchland
Hey Joey, I missed your posts
and glad to hear that your back. Your son sounds pretty reasonable glad to hear from you. It's funny about the s2k, it's always there for you even at the end of the day when it's the last thing on your mind.
Thanks Jeff, yeah I liken the S2000 to a one-year old child , when you come home from a busy work day they are there waiting for you and always happy to see you. lol . I get multiple compliments daily whenever I do drive it, this car is so unique.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by haga888
Glad everything is somewhat back to normal. Good to have you back!
Thanks Norm, I didn't mention that my family is fighting a bout of strep throat/sinus/chest infections that my son brought home from school, 10 days from my vacation time, I hope I can nip it in the bud fast. Lots of it going around our parts right now.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by S2KRAYZE
Welcome back !! good to hear from you again. There was a void in the Southern Ontario community forum, good to have you back.
Thanks for the kind words Tyson. All the best to you too.

Quick Reply: Hi, I've Started Lurking Around A Bit Lately....