Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Hi, I've Started Lurking Around A Bit Lately....

Old 07-18-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellow&DK
Glad to hear you are back and getting better. Always liked to read your post and gorgeous building list/photos.
One of best looking S2000 in my mind Hope you get perfect condition as soon as possible.
Also good to hear your son start getting into S2000 I really hope my future son or daughter do the same!
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah teenagers are funny sometimes. One year ago he wanted nothing to do with any automobile, and I chose not to push anything on him despite me being a car nut. But somehow he has taken a liking to the S2000 and is really into this car all of a sudden, so it has been a nice change that way.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Himura357
Welcome back Joey. Glad to hear things are smoothing out for you.
Thank you very much.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah teenagers are funny sometimes. One year ago he wanted nothing to do with any automobile, and I chose not to push anything on him despite me being a car nut. But somehow he has taken a liking to the S2000 and is really into this car all of a sudden, so it has been a nice change that way.
When you don't push anything onto a teenager, they will actually wind up picking up something, anything, to bond with you eventually. I kinda did that with my dad.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by LemonJus
When you don't push anything onto a teenager, they will actually wind up picking up something, anything, to bond with you eventually. I kinda did that with my dad.
That makes sense.

I think some of his motivation came after his friends started commenting on how much they liked my s2000, and he realized we have something very unique in our garage.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome back and glad to hear things are looking up!
Old 07-20-2017, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Amplified_AP1
Welcome back and glad to hear things are looking up!
thank you
Old 08-02-2017, 05:48 PM

Hola from Punta Cana. I finally got a chance to rest my ass for a couple weeks. Loving the sunny dry weather, and warm clean beach, things you don't get in Ontario in July. lol. With my beautiful wife beside me, and the son is home guarding the S2000, couldn't ask for more.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Awesome, hope you guys have a great time!

Hopefully by guarding you didn't mean driving? Only 31 degrees here today BTW.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Hfreak
Awesome, hope you guys have a great time!

Hopefully by guarding you didn't mean driving? Only 31 degrees here today BTW.
Yes he is just watching over it, no driving, lol. Plus he can't drive stick, but kill switch enabled just in case he tries to self-learn lol.

I always vacation in July, to ensure I get some decent summer weather and my wife and I are beach bums. Yes it gets hot in Ontario in July but not what I call comfortable. I think the temp here today was around 30 c, but we have clean crystal clear beach water, constant on-shore ocean breeze which negates the humidity and no bugs, we have perfect air quality, palm trees, topless women on the beach, no rain in 10 days thus far, and no beaches being closed due to fecal count like you get in Ontario. Great Lake water temps are too cold for my big toe to handle, ocean temps here are 85+ degs F and no black flies to contend with like one would have in cottage country Ontario.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Yes he is just watching over it, no driving, lol. Plus he can't drive stick, but kill switch enabled just in case he tries to self-learn lol.

I always vacation in July, to ensure I get some decent summer weather and my wife and I are beach bums. Yes it gets hot in Ontario in July but not what I call comfortable. I think the temp here today was around 30 c, but we have clean crystal clear beach water, constant on-shore ocean breeze which negates the humidity and no bugs, we have perfect air quality, palm trees, topless women on the beach, no rain in 10 days thus far, and no beaches being closed due to fecal count like you get in Ontario. Great Lake water temps are too cold for my big toe to handle, ocean temps here are 85+ degs F and no black flies to contend with like one would have in cottage country Ontario.
Sounds perfect, Joey.
Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Hi, I've Started Lurking Around A Bit Lately....