Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Honda Indy Car event

Old 04-12-2012, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Indy Car event

For the Indy Car event in Toronto on July 8th is anyone coordinating with the event to take the drivers around the racetrack during driver introductions? This has occurred for St Pete and Mid-Ohio events.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 AM

That would be super cool!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:27 PM

I'd love to do that
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,443 Posts

it wouldn't be bad if they didn't step on the passenger seat on their way in and out of the car. Putting a pressure spot on the seat with your foot or knee permanently stretches the leather and it is almost impossible to repair/remove. From what I've seen those guys sit back on the secret compartment top door when driven around the track, they would have to step on the seat to get up there I think.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:17 AM

it's actually way more fun to visit the track.....ummm, late at night or very early in the morning....to you know, do some spirited driving around the track layout while there are no barriers up....always following the posted speed limits of course (just watch out for the police who may do a random driveby...oh and there's a station like 45seconds away lol)
Old 04-19-2012, 06:31 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by JFUSION
it wouldn't be bad if they didn't step on the passenger seat on their way in and out of the car. Putting a pressure spot on the seat with your foot or knee permanently stretches the leather and it is almost impossible to repair/remove. From what I've seen those guys sit back on the secret compartment top door when driven around the track, they would have to step on the seat to get up there I think.
You guys should do it. I did the Las Vegas, oct 2011 (yes the one with the crash) without the damage you speak of. I had a kid in the seat and a driver sitting in the middle.

Friend in t.o. just bought an 06, I'll get him to sign up and show for this if you guys do it!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would LOVE to do this here in Toronto. I have never heard of it happening here in Toronto though. May this be the year?!

Dibs on Danica Patrick
Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
I would LOVE to do this here in Toronto. I have never heard of it happening here in Toronto though. May this be the year?!

Dibs on Danica Patrick
Maybe you could teach her how to drive, she sure can't win races lol.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by FluKy15

Dibs on Danica Patrick

Danica isn't in the Indycar sries this season. She moved to NASCAR. You'll have to dibs Katherine Legge or Simona de Silvestro
Old 04-20-2012, 03:03 PM

I contacted the St Pete's boys in Florida.
Here's what they say:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Best way to get involved is to introduce yourself to Ruthie Forbes. Tell them that Robert and Shay with the ST. Petersburg S2000 group sent you. See what they are willing to do. Worst they can say is no thank you. I would contact her through email and make the title very deliberate so she will read it and know what you are talking about right away....I would suggest something like "S2000 parade cars for Ontario, maybe??"

Make your case to her inside that email and see what she replies with. She is awesome but very busy. Make your email short and sweet and let her make the next move.

Ruthie Forbes
ruthie@grand-solutions.net

Shay do you have any advice?

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Have to agree with Rob here. We've been involved with St. Pete's race in one way or another since 2005 with each year typically growing to it's present day glory. Our race happens to be more like two entities, at a minimum, being involved since 2007 when the "decal marketing program" was added by Indy. The local Honda Grand Prix organization has been the one that actually did the parade laps (started as pre-race Sunday only to the last few years also involving a Thursday night parade through downtown). I guess my point here is that there tends to be many hats involved and honestly my contacts change annually which adds to the "fun" at times. However, Ruthie has been a consistent force in these proceedings and I would imagine at the very least can get you pointed in the right direction for Ontario which I THINK is a GreenSavore race. If that's the case you have better than normal odds because Kim Green has always been nothing short of professional and very accommodating. Start with Ruthie and best of luck. Keep us posted.

Shay

Quick Reply: Honda Indy Car event