Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

How To Proceed With Situation...

Old 03-03-2004, 01:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this should be interesting........
Old 03-03-2004, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck! Don't take NO for an answer!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck!!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:24 PM

Good luck!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:47 PM

Use PM

some dealers / sales do browse this forum....
Old 03-03-2004, 03:33 PM

thanks guys, here's the update...

i went back to ideal honda and told one of the mechanics who i know quite well the truth about what happened before going to the service manager. he told me that i shouldn't have anything to worry about as they've seen me in there regularly for routine maintenance work. then he said with cars like the S (especially with low km's) honda canada will fix it, but most probably replace the engine, no questions asked. that made me feel a LITTLE bit better. they would even pay for the flatbed on the way to the dealership. this is from the MECHANIC. so obviously, my hopes are up at this point as he directed me to talk to the service manager.

bad timing, i missed the manager as he went home and ended up talking to an assistant instead. told him the same story, but in the end he said that i should call the service manager tomorrow morning (~7am).

some of you guys are probably wondering why i'm going back to ideal honda for possibly a THIRD take-it-up-the-ass work. i'm not sure, maybe it's cuz i don't want a possibility of being caught lying if i bring it into castle, which by the way i booked an appointment for service tomorrow morning.

so right now this is what i'm thinking of doing. call the service manager up from home bright and early tomorrow morning, tell him the story and see what he says. if things are good and he's willing to accept the fact that they phucked up, then i'll get the 'free' flatbed to ideal honda and get the work done. if the service manager gives me crap, i'll still have plenty of time to turtle the S to castle honda and try to squeeze a warranty claim...

or should i say phuck ideal honda and bring it straight to castle??
Old 03-03-2004, 04:04 PM

also, i'm going to try and install the stock airbox back in tonight as i don't want to risk the dealers using the CAI as a bs excuse to say it's the cause of the problem.

hopefully i'll be able to install it without too much problem...
Old 03-03-2004, 04:17 PM

Ok, I guess youve told Ideal what actually happened.

So lets get this straight. Your last oil change was 400Okm ago, and last week you got this clanking noise when driving, which didnt go away. Today or yesterday you realize that there is no oil in it, which didnt go away when oil was added. You then bring it to Ideal and tell them that for X weeks/months the car has been low in oil when Ive been driving it, and for X days, Ive been driving it with no oil.

Is that accurate?

If that is the case, and what you have told the dealer is passed on to those deciding warranties, Im not so sure you'll be happy with the outcome. Those deciding warranty claims are different people than the mechanics, and unfortunately, after a period of X days following an oil change that they performed, Id say that their liability regarding that oil change is no longer.

Some, including me, seemed to be under the impression that you recently had your oil changed at Ideal, and that they didnt put the drain bolt in or whatever and as a result, you were immediately out of oil because of their error. If thats true, then sure, their error, they should fix it.

But if the first one is correct, be very very nice to everyone at Ideal, dont say anything else, just say its making this funny noise, and start praying that they give you the benefit of the doubt, which they very well may do.

Good luck.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Former Moderator

Dude, from what I understand, Ideal ed up and as a result your car is screwed..

YOU don't owe THEM an explanation..

Not sure why you confided to the mechanic.. trust no one, you know how much more money they make if its not warranty work? trust me, they don't care about you.

Say you guys did an oil change, my car sounds like shit, fix it, please.. thank you
Old 03-03-2004, 07:31 PM

wait a tick... if you had no oil in your engine... it would run pretty loud... it won't be a slight "clank" for sure...

Quick Reply: How To Proceed With Situation...