S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   I Freakin' Hate This Time Change ! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/i-freakin-hate-time-change-1148276/)

zeroptzero 03-13-2016 08:06 PM

I Freakin' Hate This Time Change !

There has to be a way to get rid of this time change B.S., contrary to popular belief it does not save energy. I just wanted to go on record to say that I hate it :argh: I can't train my body to go to bed an hour earlier, in fact I can't train my body to do anything, but this is one more thing it can't do. There must be a petition somewhere that I can sign for this. Some places don't observe this change.

I'll be late for work tomorrow, good thing that I'm my own boss or I would have been fired years ago. :rolleyes:

Workplace and traffic accidents will increase tomorrow, my two cats will be off their eating schedule by one hour, it's just not worth it IMO.

s2jizzer 03-14-2016 05:04 AM

Sorry to hear Joey, the only thing I benefit from having to wake up at 330am everyday is the time change not effecting me. After being awake for 19 hours and working 12 I'm just naturally tired come 9pm

LemonJus 03-14-2016 11:03 AM

The whole concept of DST is moronic - even if you were talking about back in the day because as long as ALARMs have been around, you could manually adjust when you want to wake up.

It doesn't save energy (by waking up earlier, it's darker and you will have to turn on lights you may not have had to before).

It doesn't really help any businesses - I deal with international companies and it messes them up today because meetings are all wacky. I try to be considerate and keep THEM in their timeslot but adjust mine. Stupid inefficient waste of my time.

It doesn't help with safety. It's a known fact (I am too lazy to quote references) that Sunday and Monday will spike up in accidents FOR THIS REASON.

Get rid of the DST bullcrap. I hate it.

iDomN8U 03-14-2016 11:55 AM

Benjamin Franklin you bastard!!! I hoped the lightning bolt made you impotent!

CR EH 03-14-2016 01:02 PM

Did you ever think that maybe it still exists because some people just want to watch the world burn...? That's my theory on it and I'm sticking to it lol

zeroptzero 03-14-2016 01:36 PM

I've got three 12-hour work days this week, so I will definitely find my sleep rhythm soon, but the time change happens on a weekend and I can't absorb that one hour difference when I'm not working.

d1000rr 03-14-2016 03:01 PM

ya it's completely unnecessary now...

I went out on Saturday night... when I left the bar I looked at my phone and the time was 1:53am. When I got home I looked at my phone again and it said 3:02am. Tripped me out for a minute!

CR EH 03-14-2016 03:41 PM

Maybe you just blacked out from excessive drinking/drug combination...glad you made it home safe, hopefully you didn't pull a wolf on wall street with the lambo. Leo obviously didn't learn his lesson as he was still convinced he could take on a bear.

...I'm kidding of course.

darcyw 03-14-2016 05:24 PM

when i lived in Indiana for 4 years there was no time change nonsense. I really liked it. Suck it DST time change!

darcy

zeroptzero 03-14-2016 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by darcyw (Post 23908600)
when i lived in Indiana for 4 years there was no time change nonsense. I really liked it. Suck it DST time change!

darcy

That's the way it should be.