Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

I need springs! good prices in the GTA?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey H22SR, so your installed already?
why doesnt ur tag say "owner'.. ap1 or 2?

thanks dude
Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2 Jay,Jul 16 2007, 02:14 PM
thanks
just looking for a lil help/advice guys!

whatever.. i searched for "ground control coilover conversion kit"
looks like a good alternative too.

any one out there modest enough for positive feedback would be appriciated thanks!
We are giving you advice; just that our advice isn't what you're looking for. Tugz already told you it's a bad idea to change springs without struts, and then your counterpoint was that it's only a 1" drop. It seems to me anyway, that you're deadset on Tein S with stock dampers, but just want someone to say they're running the same setup and it's fine.

My GC is only 0.75" drop but I still went with Koni yellows anyway. why? because I didn't want to blow my perfectly good stock dampers. You gotta take the whole thing out to change springs anyhoo, so the damper change isn't that big of a hassle.

If cthree's setup is out of your reach, I got my GC coilover + koni yellow for 9 Benjamins shipped to my door. PM me if you want to know where I got them from, I'm not going to post it on here since I don't want to say I'm spamming, nor are these guys official vendors on s2ki.

I'm picking my car up tonite, so I'll give a very quick review of what they feel like. For an on-track review, I'll do that after July 28th.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:24 AM

TRUE SAY.. i just wanted to make sure im not getting advice to build a track car or somones assuming i want to ride at scrape lip hight.
my last car was droped 1.2 on just springs. yea it was a lil ghetto but i never bottemed out!
il pm u
Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by S2 Jay,Jul 16 2007, 11:12 AM
hey H22SR, so your installed already?
why doesnt ur tag say "owner'.. ap1 or 2?

thanks dude
I set my account up before i bought my S. I just didn
Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=H22SR,Jul 16 2007, 11:45 AM]I set my account up before i bought my S. I just didn
Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 PM
BKL

Originally Posted by Borbor,Jul 16 2007, 11:17 AM
We are giving you advice; just that our advice isn't what you're looking for. Tugz already told you it's a bad idea to change springs without struts, and then your counterpoint was that it's only a 1" drop. It seems to me anyway, that you're deadset on Tein S with stock dampers, but just want someone to say they're running the same setup and it's fine.

My GC is only 0.75" drop but I still went with Koni yellows anyway. why? because I didn't want to blow my perfectly good stock dampers. You gotta take the whole thing out to change springs anyhoo, so the damper change isn't that big of a hassle.

If cthree's setup is out of your reach, I got my GC coilover + koni yellow for 9 Benjamins shipped to my door. PM me if you want to know where I got them from, I'm not going to post it on here since I don't want to say I'm spamming, nor are these guys official vendors on s2ki.

I'm picking my car up tonite, so I'll give a very quick review of what they feel like. For an on-track review, I'll do that after July 28th.
off topic, but which color car do you drive at BE? Are you the black stock looking AP1?

imo, springs are not as bad as people say...Its cheap and if you are after looks y not. If you do blow your shocks after a while, no biggie, just get 2nd hand stock shocks for like $20.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you mean stock looking

it IS stock!
Old 07-16-2007, 01:11 PM

bah, just do an airbag suspension and be done with it
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM

I have the stech's on my05. Bought the car with them on there though so i have nothing to really compare them with... only 2 20min test drives. But imo, they don't hurt the cars handling.
The front is low... the front scraped once into a gas station, but i just don't go to that one anymore.
if you have any q's about them, let me know.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:13 AM

going back to the stock struts with aftermarket springs idea:

i have heard ok things about SWIFT products (Sways and springs), and their springs can supposedly be used well with stock struts, any solid truth in this? same with Spoon as they have a set for stock strut setups as well.......? (going on basis that even a slight drop would mess up the struts over time, correct?)

Quick Reply: I need springs! good prices in the GTA?