Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

I need springs! good prices in the GTA?

Old 07-17-2007, 08:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eibach Pro-Kit are the closest to matching OEM rates and give a moderate 1" drop.

You still will wear out the struts, but not as bad as others.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of the bad-for-stock-struts-or-not argument, the fact is lowering springs will adversely effect the car's handling.

I don't care how many people have them and SAY they can feel a handling improvement, there isn't.

The S is renowned for it's handling. Throwing lowering springs on it ruins what makes this car special.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by toosteeley,Jul 17 2007, 08:15 AM
Regardless of the bad-for-stock-struts-or-not argument, the fact is lowering springs will adversely effect the car's handling.

I don't care how many people have them and SAY they can feel a handling improvement, there isn't.

The S is renowned for it's handling. Throwing lowering springs on it ruins what makes this car special.
okay , okay..
so have you experienced negitive perfomance in this situation?
im just curious.
thanks.

BTW.. this whole thread started when i needed help/advice on where to shop primarily.. i do appriciate all the other feed back though.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grab them from the For sale here for around 180 US Shipped, or a group buy.

Getting them locally will be double + taxes
Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by S2 Jay,Jul 17 2007, 11:43 AM
have you experienced negitive perfomance in this situation?
Yes.

I went through 2 sets of springs before I picked up a set of CO's.

Eibach then KG/MM. Honestly horrible.

I'll concede that if all you're concerned about is driving around town and getting rid of the wheel gap, springs will do, but as soon as you try to drive the car anywhere near it's potential, springs just won't cut it.

Ultimately, do what you want. We're just giving you opinions based on personal experience. Take it for what it is.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:29 AM

cool cool
makes sense.. i do like pinning corners and stuff. but i dont need a complete race setup.. i have a feeling i'll cop some koni yellow's. i can justify spendin the extra cheese on better performance, no doubt!
..still wouldnt go lower than an inch.. flippin streets here are brutal!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by toosteeley,Jul 17 2007, 08:15 AM

By changing the suspension period you are ruining what makes the car "special".
on a side note if you dont know what you are doing with a adjustable damper like a koni yellow then you will throw the cars performance out the window even more then dropping it on stock struts (which are a fixed dampness)

There is no guage on the konis sports that tells you how hard or soft you are riding. in actuality there are only 2 settings hard and soft... everything else inbetween is a mystery. If your not smart about it and you have every strut adjusted to a diff setting then you are REALLY messing up the cars dynamics.

To say that you are ruining a car by lowering a car on springs is not a very accurate statment...

I have gone the aftermarket route in the past and for my situation where my S is a daily driver and a take my gf to the movies car on the weekend, im perfectly happy with going with a inexpensive set up over a 4 grand track set up..

I would love to have a nice suspension set up on my car,,, but in the end its really not necessary for what i use the car for.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid 500 bux for my setup
Old 07-17-2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by H22SR,Jul 17 2007, 09:43 AM
your not smart about it and you have every strut adjusted to a diff setting then you are REALLY messing up the cars dynamics.

To say that you are ruining a car by lowering a car on springs is not a very accurate statment...

I have gone the aftermarket route in the past and for my situation where my S is a daily driver and a take my gf to the movies car on the weekend, im perfectly happy with going with a inexpensive set up over a 4 grand track set up..

I would love to have a nice suspension set up on my car,,, but in the end its really not necessary for what i use the car for.
well ya. but my very reputable mechanic who i would consult b4 doing anything anyway, would be installing and setting up my ride. he has done every car and everything... i spoke to him the other day breifly, said he had just installed tein's on a is300 but his source was expensive (reason why im looking for s2000 specific experience here).. anyway point is.. i take my gf's out on weekends too! what a coincodence!.. lol jk
btw good point
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jasonoff,Jul 17 2007, 10:30 AM
I paid 500 bux for my setup
which is.......?

Quick Reply: I need springs! good prices in the GTA?