Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

introduction

Old 10-04-2015, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing i noticed past the cr mods...RHD? lol
Nice card and welcome.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:52 PM

Welcome, Those may not be mods, is that a Type S?
Old 10-06-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey, guys thanks for the replies !

yeah i am in HK at the moment, and no my car isn't an OEM type S. That being said, someone mentioned the prices being ridiculously high in hK is correct. Performance wise the only difference bewteen the type S and the base model are the suspensions. Therefore getting an OEM kit and a base model + Ohlins = a much better idea. I doubt videos like that happen that often around here anymore. The Police put up so many traffic cams that getting caught speeding is hard enough to avoid. There are no tracks here, and getting a Temp china licence and going up to the tracks there get quiet costly (between 15k-20k HKD a pop).

Another note, all cars here have to get inspected every year after turning 6. Not only for emissions, but also for body work and mods. Strictly speaking; anything other than stock are not allowed, including rims. BUTTTTTT usually they don't care about rims. mostly they check for I/E and body work. lots of guys spends thousands every year just to take off all the aftermarket parts, put the stock parts back on, and then put the aftermarket parts back after they pass.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess the track your talking about is Zhuhai? I was looking into doing a track day there with one of their rental cars but it is a little pricey. Just drive around the Macau circuit Seems like everyone has a "Type R" there.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:19 PM

How much was the cost difference between the type-s and the base model? Personally I found the CR package to have around $10,000 worth of additions which made the $1000 extra to the price well worth it. Even with changing the suspension there is more than enough valuable changes IMO (subtract ~$3 - $3,500 since the Type-s did not come with hardtop and tonneau cover).

Either way, I don't think i would want to live where you are with all the restrictions and expenses haha.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:04 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice S2k!!!

A friend of mine from university just moved back home to HK and bought a C63 estate. He's also shipping his modded LHD Evo X back over to use as a track car lol
Old 10-07-2015, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by GoP-Demon
I guess the track your talking about is Zhuhai? I was looking into doing a track day there with one of their rental cars but it is a little pricey. Just drive around the Macau circuit Seems like everyone has a "Type R" there.
Zhuhai is closer , but most people go to another one further north. Although there are a lot of fake R's here, there are a lot of legit ones as well.

Originally Posted by CR EH
How much was the cost difference between the type-s and the base model? Personally I found the CR package to have around $10,000 worth of additions which made the $1000 extra to the price well worth it. Even with changing the suspension there is more than enough valuable changes IMO (subtract ~$3 - $3,500 since the Type-s did not come with hardtop and tonneau cover).

Either way, I don't think i would want to live where you are with all the restrictions and expenses haha.

The CR and the Type S only share the same body kit/rims/exhaust. The suspensions are different, and the Type S doesn't have the body rigidity enhancements that the CR has. Comparing the most expensive Base model to the least expensive type S (ignoring the condition of the car) the difference is around 10K Canadian. If you were to compare the best of both with conditions in mind the difference is almost 14k Canadian.

I would love to move back to Toronto; unfortunately career wise it is not letting me .

Originally Posted by Canadian144
Nice S2k!!!

A friend of mine from university just moved back home to HK and bought a C63 estate. He's also shipping his modded LHD Evo X back over to use as a track car lol
Your friend must be a baller; a used C63 wagon is in the ballpark of 600000HKD which is around 100k Canadian. what a boss
Old 10-07-2015, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by LDubz735
Originally Posted by GoP-Demon' timestamp='1443962754' post='23765713
Lol hong kong and s2ks make me think of this
There's a lot of stupidity in crossing the centre line in that video - but (empty) Hong Kong roads would be so incredibly fun to drive in with the mountains, twisties and tunnels with the cityscape in the background.

Welcome Clish - hope to see you around some time.
HK roads are insanely fun but everyone knows the cops are out there and the cops know that everyone knows about the usual racing roads.

I wish they'd do something like this in HK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDN2bCIyus

It'll never happen given how much logistics would go into shutting down such a dense core during the day but one can wish.

Welcome to the boards Clish!
Old 10-08-2015, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by LemonJus
Originally Posted by LDubz735' timestamp='1443971577' post='23765794
[quote name='GoP-Demon' timestamp='1443962754' post='23765713']
Lol hong kong and s2ks make me think of this
There's a lot of stupidity in crossing the centre line in that video - but (empty) Hong Kong roads would be so incredibly fun to drive in with the mountains, twisties and tunnels with the cityscape in the background.

Welcome Clish - hope to see you around some time.
HK roads are insanely fun but everyone knows the cops are out there and the cops know that everyone knows about the usual racing roads.

I wish they'd do something like this in HK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDN2bCIyus

It'll never happen given how much logistics would go into shutting down such a dense core during the day but one can wish.

Welcome to the boards Clish!
[/quote]

Thanks ! the roads are congested enough as they are, i doubt they will ever do anything like that.