Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

It's Dec. 3rd, and I had my top down today!!!

Old 12-03-2001, 10:55 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Dec. 3rd, and I had my top down today!!!

Yep, it's pretty cool, 11c today. supposed to be warmer tommorow. I had already put my car away..but couldn't leave it in the garage on a day like this!!!

WoohOOOOOooooooO!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2001, 11:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mikey,

me too!!!!!!

i felt kinda weird though - top down with snows on - LOL
Old 12-03-2001, 11:29 AM

Hmmmm...it's December and I haven't had to put my top up, yet. We have not gotten below 55-60 F (daytime) so far this year. I keep waiting for the sky to start falling.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:44 PM

I, too had the top down for my ride home from work today. I get a feeling when we get hit with snow, it's going to be bad. I hope not though.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:57 PM

john.

yeah, i keep telling my wife that we are going to pay BIG TIME for this prolonged good weather.

regards.
Old 12-03-2001, 01:05 PM

Ya never know TKG26. It may be a mild one. Somehow though, I don't think it will be. We probably had the sunniest November on record and, supposedly, we DID have the warmest November on record. I want to be able to drive my car as much as I can during the winter months. We'll see.
Old 12-03-2001, 01:26 PM

john,

get a set of snows (i did) and you can drive it whenever you want

speaking of winter...

some of you may have heard that the feds are trying to ban the use of road salt in canada. not sure what the alternative will be, but the feds are concerned with 2 things - the damage caused by salt to the roads and the impact that salt has on vehicle structures as it pertains to vehicle safety (people not getting rust and corrosion fixed (can't afford to/don't want to) thereby making their cars structurally weaker, in turn leading to more serious injuries in motor vehicle accidents).

mike, vince et al. - soon, you may not have to store your cars - just park them periodically on really bad days.
Old 12-03-2001, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the craziest year I can ever remember. I rode the Nighthawk the day after thanksgiving, that has not happened in the past 15 years. I have put my CRX-Si away for the winter 4 times now because we keep having a beautiful day and I can't help but bring it out again. We have not had enough snow for salt to be put down so there is no reason not to enjoy. We are supposed to get a 50-degree day on this side of the puddle (lake ontario must be a puddle if the atlantic is the pond), so tomorrow could be the 5th time the car comes out after it has been winterized. Enjoy the temps and keep your head warm!!!

TKG 26- My parents live in the middle of the state in a country community. The town uses a very, very small amount of salt mixed with huge amounts of sand. The snow does not melt on the roads, you get a hard packed sandy, gritty snowy surface. It is fine to drive on, we just have to go a bit slower. My truck likes it!
Old 12-03-2001, 05:12 PM

This weather is awesome! It's supposed to hold until the weekend, too.
Old 12-04-2001, 05:04 AM

I thought i was the only one left driving his S2k in toronto!

Quick Reply: It's Dec. 3rd, and I had my top down today!!!