Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Just installed Buddy Club N+ Coilovers - Need Alignment Advice

Old 04-13-2016, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Buddy Club N+ Coilovers - Need Alignment Advice

Hey guys So I just finished installing The buddy club N+ Coilovers. A quick first impression - at 1 click from the softest setting, they are more comfortable over bumps than stock, and hugs the road and corners excellently. There is about a 1 finger gap all around. Definitely an upgrade. They look and feel amazing.

I need an alignment now. So wanted to ask advice on the type of alignment I should be getting. There are some shops in Brampton that offer 4 wheel laser alignments for $60, and lowered cars for $80 - but they are not performance oriented shops. What sort of pricing should I expect from a performance oriented shop? And is it nessecary to make sure I take it to the right place? If so any recommendations? Is there anything specific I should ask to align given my setup?

Cheers!
Old 04-14-2016, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just do some research on different alignment specs and see what is best suited for you. If your just street driving, getting a track spec alignment is a waste and you'll just kill tires. A few guys here have used the UK alignment specs for street driving.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:01 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

A four wheel laser alignment is what you want, make sure they can accept lowered cars as you noted. That pricing you listed is pretty good. You should go into the shop and give them your specs, and get a printout of the results. Otherwise they will just set it up according to oem recommendations in their system and you can do better than that.

If you are planning to track the car you may want to find a shop with race suspension experience. Otherwise most shops with good equipment can do a decent job as long as you tell them what specs you want.

I've been running the following specs with decent results: -1.5 degs camber front wheels, max caster front wheels, zero toe front wheels. -2 degs camber rear wheels , 3/16ths inch total rear toe-in (3/32" per side). Steering wheel straight. Tire wear has been perfect. It's pretty close to UK specs, I've got an Ap1, not sure what year your S2000 is.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:13 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Ap1 and ap2 have different rear toe specs so make sure you don't use the wrong settings on your car
Old 04-14-2016, 06:13 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm bringing mine here tomorrow based on a reco from here. http://www.apexmotoring.com/alignment.php?a=3

Going with UK specs with less rear toe for the AP2. Getting a corner balance as well for shits and giggles.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:28 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Hey Tyler, remember that I wanted to see a pic of the car with the new suspension, never happened without a pic.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tires are cheap - get some negative and enjoy life man.
I run -2.2 front and -3.6 rear and don't have a problem...but I am way lower than what you got. SLAM it and ride~!

Old 04-15-2016, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot guys! This advice is much appreciated. I am Street Driving this car, so I will look into the UK Specs as per several suggestions, as well the taking the car to Apex. .
Old 04-16-2016, 03:52 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I just got my alignment yesterday. This car won't see any track time so imo it's pointless to run more camber than necessary. I recommend a little more rear toe for your AP1

Old 04-16-2016, 04:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

sold my MINT BuddyClub N+ 3 weeks ago, had them for 15K, good bang for buck street use.
Now on AP1 suspension with AP2 V3's.

If doing an alignment, also this is good time to check your subframe bolts. Make sure they're not loose, be safe and have fun this year.

Check Your Subframe Bolts, good read.

Quick Reply: Just installed Buddy Club N+ Coilovers - Need Alignment Advice