Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

LESISMOR has to go.....

Old 06-14-2002, 01:47 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Default LESISMOR has to go.....

I have been putting this off, and off and off..for obvious reasons.....LESISMOR is for sale....I'm going to be helping my brother out financially in the near future (do in part that he helped me with my down payment) and need to sell the car.

My insurance just went up as well....due to quote "the increase in the number of personal injury claims during the past five years.."

So this thread is not only to advertise my '01 silverstone with red for sale....but to ask everyone's opinions on what car to venture to next.

1st off my car includes: front chin spoiler, rear fender flares, clear JDM side markers, black emblems, 6 pack, Honda security system, black floor mats, new rear S02s and a whole lotta female lovin'!

2ndly - price - $39,000 or, in the alternative, $9,000.00 and take over the payments (4years left with the possibility of re-financing to lower the monthly payments)

And finally, the next toy, which will in no way ever equal that of a the s2k. I am debating whether or not to just drive my winter car (97 Toyota Corolla) for another winter..save some $$ and buy something in the spring, or get something else this summer. I have test driven the SiR and would consider getting it in the Taffeta White ONLY..I've been quoted some decent prices on it as well. Other than the SiR I have considered the Del Sol or Corrodo......your thoughts are welcome.

As always, thanks for some fun times, you guys are a great, tight bunch. And, if the car is not sold by the Salamander, you know I'm there.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that you and your car need to part

as for what car to get next??? Hmmm Maybe driving the winter car for a while might put you in a posistion to buy your baby back?

either way..Best of luck!!
Old 06-14-2002, 03:38 PM

Sorry to hear that Les, I'm sure your passion for cars will slap you in the seat of one of these or soemthing better in the near future.
talk to you soon
ciao
Old 06-14-2002, 03:43 PM

Alas....

Losing a member of the flock is a pain we don't experience often, but when it happens it is like a powerful punch in the testical with a prolonged grab and hold by some terrible person.

Although we have met a couple of times, I feel I know you in a special...non biblical way. Unlike so many others on the board who know you far better than I ever will...I wish you the best of luck and that any choice of vehicle you make is a good one for you. I'm sure you will drive the piss out of whatever it is and have fun doing it.

Thanks for just being you!

I need to write for Halmark eh?

Vince
Old 06-14-2002, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LES...I feel for ya..

Thats too bad you have to let the S go. Why dont you take a look at an RSX-S?...

As for the SIR...id rather go for a base RSX and change over the wheels and lower the suspension. Same powertrain and IMHO much better built than the UK SIR. SIR is just too expensive for what your getting. $25,5k? ...Shiesh! The old SIR was cheaper and much more nicer.

Good Luck
Old 06-14-2002, 07:15 PM

I agree w/ Tugz, the EK- Si-R definitely is more fun and is a better bang for the buck... is it me or the new hatch looks like a mini-Odyssey?

Del Sol VTECs are fun but is hard to find ... and I know someone who may sell it soon (as soon as he finds his next new toy), so I'll keep you posted.

Btw, you have a PM.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:17 PM

Mini Cooper, baby!

Sorry that you have to sell the S.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:39 AM

i agree. i recently took the SiR for a drive and i felt it lacked some character. The seats and interior were great but it really needs a vtec engine. I know that they advertise that it has a new ivtec but it simply does'nt engage like i am used to. The rsx-s engine would be sweet. If i was looking for a car in that price range, i would consider the Integra type R or Nissan sentra vpec se-r. For the money, the nissan is hard to beat.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ITR Racer
[B]SiR needs a vtec engine.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:18 AM

No, SiR unit is the same unit found in the base RSX, not the RSX-S.