Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

List of trusted mechanics and body shops

Old 10-07-2013, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for a body man who is EXCELLENT at what he does and a stand up guy to a returning customer or first time drop in, check Ronnie @ silver lining auto body

Located in etobicoke, royal York and Evans
87 Portland ave
416 255 7496

He is a one man show, and is quite familiar with s2000's as well as members on this forum as I've seen various members cars there at his shop before. He is very fairly priced, and his paint matching is spot on. He's painted a few of my cars and have no complaints with his work.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
If your looking for a body man who is EXCELLENT at what he does and a stand up guy to a returning customer or first time drop in, check Ronnie @ silver lining auto body

87 Portland ave
416 255 7496

He is a one man show, and is quite familiar with s2000's as well as members on this forum as I've seen various members cars there at his shop before. He is very fairly priced, and his paint matching is spot on. He's painted a few of my cars and have no complaints with his work.
I went to Ronnie last May and would not recommend him to anyone.

I had damaged my front fenders due to my wheels grabbing the fender lips (unrolled) and pulling them outwards. I went to Ronnie to have them fixed because I too had heard that other members had used his shop. I also bought some spare parts from a crashed AP2 that he was parting out. He is a nice guy but as you'll see, his word doesn't mean anything and his work is unacceptable IMO.

I wanted the fender inner lip to be rolled completely flat, but the fenders to look stock when looking from the outside. Once the car got in the shop, Ronnie said the car would be done in a week. It was almost a month until the car was "ready" which was in early June. I called a friend for a ride to the shop and once I got there, the car wasn't ready. I spent over an hour waiting until he finished buffing the fenders.

When the car was pulled out of the garage, my friend and I realized how poor the body work was. The curve of the fender around the wheel was not smooth and it was wavy. In addition, the paint match was way off (Rio Yellow) and the spray didn't seem even. There are noticeable light and dark spots in the paint when in direct sunlight.

I mentioned this to Ronny and he said to bring it back in the week after and he'll fix everything up. That never happened. I kept calling and stopped by the shop a few times until I put the car into winter storage in November. Ronny kept "scheduling" me in but the day of, I would be given excuse after excuse. He said to bring the car back when I pulled the car out of storage.

First thing in the spring, I call Ronny again. No surprise that I am met with the same old Ronnie excuses. After almost a year of getting jerked around, I just gave up and have not heard from Ronny since. Like I said, his word doesn't mean anything and he cannot stand by his work because it is horrible. I will now be having the fenders redone (or replaced) by a more reputable shop.

Once again, I would not recommend going to Ronnie unless you want the body work quality of a typical Scarborough Civic rice mobile. His pricing is competitive but that doesn't matter when you will have to get the work redone in the end.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:37 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yah I saw those fenders. Wasn't impressed with em.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silvia_Drift
Originally Posted by s2jizzer' timestamp='1381189111' post='22816006

87 Portland ave
416 255 7496

I had damaged my front fenders due to my wheels grabbing the fender lips (unrolled) and pulling them outwards. I went to Ronnie to have them fixed because I too had heard that other members had used his shop. I also bought some spare parts from a crashed AP2 that he was parting out. He is a nice guy but as you'll see, his word doesn't mean anything and his work is unacceptable IMO.

I wanted the fender inner lip to be rolled completely flat, but the fenders to look stock when looking from the outside. Once the car got in the shop, Ronnie said the car would be done in a week. It was almost a month until the car was "ready" which was in early June. I called a friend for a ride to the shop and once I got there, the car wasn't ready. I spent over an hour waiting until he finished buffing the fenders.

When the car was pulled out of the garage, my friend and I realized how poor the body work was. The curve of the fender around the wheel was not smooth and it was wavy. In addition, the paint match was way off (Rio Yellow) and the spray didn't seem even. There are noticeable light and dark spots in the paint when in direct sunlight.

I mentioned this to Ronny and he said to bring it back in the week after and he'll fix everything up. That never happened. I kept calling and stopped by the shop a few times until I put the car into winter storage in November. Ronny kept "scheduling" me in but the day of, I would be given excuse after excuse. He said to bring the car back when I pulled the car out of storage.

First thing in the spring, I call Ronny again. No surprise that I am met with the same old Ronnie excuses. After almost a year of getting jerked around, I just gave up and have not heard from Ronny since. Like I said, his word doesn't mean anything and he cannot stand by his work because it is horrible. I will now be having the fenders redone (or replaced) by a more reputable shop.

Once again, I would not recommend going to Ronnie unless you want the body work quality of a typical Scarborough Civic rice mobile. His pricing is competitive but that doesn't matter when you will have to get the work redone in the end.

Fair enough man, I can't blame you for not recommending him. As with every business, mechanic, body shop etc, SOMEONE (and I can't stress SOMEONE enough) will have had a bad experience even if they are a truly reputable company or whatever establishment it may be. You took it upon yourself to try him out because of the positive feedback you heard about him, you sir are the SOMEONE and I'm sure there's more but like everything in life, nothing is perfect. I am a mechanic and see this everyday, there will always be someone who is disappointed and sometimes professionals make mistakes, it's just a shame when those few are left with a bad im
Old 10-11-2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
Originally Posted by Silvia_Drift' timestamp='1381322965' post='22818637
[quote name='s2jizzer' timestamp='1381189111' post='22816006']

87 Portland ave
416 255 7496

Fair enough man, I can't blame you for not recommending him. As with every business, mechanic, body shop etc, SOMEONE (and I can't stress SOMEONE enough) will have had a bad experience even if they are a truly reputable company or whatever establishment it may be. You took it upon yourself to try him out because of the positive feedback you heard about him, you sir are the SOMEONE and I'm sure there's more but like everything in life, nothing is perfect. I am a mechanic and see this everyday, there will always be someone who is disappointed and sometimes professionals make mistakes, it's just a shame when those few are left with a bad im
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I screwed up by going to him. I didn't hear any positive feedback, just heard that other members had gone to him. When I met him, his nice guy attitude made me feel comfortable, but I am a poor judge of character.

During the whole ordeal, I heard about all the other shoddy work he has done. People were not surprised by my experience. IMO, shit shops like his should not be in business.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Add another shitty paint shop to the list...

MS Auto on Heritage road in Markham. The place seems to be run by some little punk kid, who hasn't yet learned the importance of giving someone your word.

Long story short... a few months ago, they scheduled me for some work, which was to be started last week. I kept in touch every couple weeks to ensure we were still on track. It was always a resounding yes. Then last week (Tuesday) I contact them asking when I can drop off the car. I get a response saying some cars were smashed up on the weekend, and he would get back to me later that day. By Friday, I still had not received a response. I'm an understanding guy, and figure shit happens. So Friday, I leave a voice mail just asking what's going on and to kindly call me back. Nothing.

I sent an email yesterday asking what the deal is. Again, nothing.

Today I went in to pick up my body parts that were to be painted.

This kid named David had absolutely no care in the world. No explanation, no apology, nothing. Being a business owner myself, I couldn't even imagine what would happen to my sales if I treated my customers like he did with me.

He knew it was a time-sensitive deal, and only had a 3 week window within the month of June. It was discussed and planned months ago.

Thankfully, a buddy came to the rescue and lined something up for me.

In the end, I am happy I won't be giving my hard earned cash to the clowns at MS Auto.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but my word is my bond. I hold my promises. If something should come up where I can't keep my word, then you better be damn sure I'm going to go out of my way to make it up to you and then some.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
APH
Advance Power House
1217-A Lawrence W, North York
http://www.aphdyno.com/

Services
-Any service work needed, brakes, differential, and so on
-Dyno tuning, for NA, supercharged, and turbo charged cars
-Building a boosted car
-No alignment rack unfortunately

Notes: Website for more info, may have missed something. APH owner has a boosted s2000 and is the mechanic for a professional race team.
+1 to APH

I had my SOS Sc kit installed by Brian, along with axles, exhaust, clutch kit, J's header and a bunch of supporting pieces as well as getting tuned. My car feels and runs amazing! 419whp certainly makes the S feel less slow, lol.
Always had great communication with Brian and his price was extremely fair. He is very meticulous on installs and really takes his time to make sure everything is how it should be. I would highly recommend APH to anyone.

I did try contacting Speed Star when first looking around for a shop. Voicemails and emails weren't returned very promptly (10 days later) just trying to get a ball park quote on install. Then when finally given a quote, the install price for just the SOS kit alone was nearly the same price as my final bill through APH. Maybe they just didn't want the business. But, I guess in the end it worked out for the best because I have found the shop I will be sticking with throughout my S2K ownership .
Old 06-30-2014, 08:44 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Anyone know a shop that does good work with aluminium. Have a couple of dents on my hardtop that hopefully should be fixable without respraying hopefully.

I have a couple of blemishes on the car body as well that I'd like to take car of as well

Let me know if you guys have had any experiences with a shop that's reasonably priced.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:55 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Any painless dent repair guy could fix that. There's a guy I go to here in Kitchener but I'm sure there's one closer to you.

PM me if you want his info.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Any painless dent repair guy could fix that. There's a guy I go to here in Kitchener but I'm sure there's one closer to you.

PM me if you want his info.
That would be awesome. I'll be in the KW area pretty often when I'm back in Canada

Quick Reply: List of trusted mechanics and body shops