S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Looking for OEM front lip (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/looking-oem-front-lip-1084694/)

A. Dos Santos 05-19-2014 04:40 AM

Looking for OEM front lip

as the title states, I'm looking for the OEM front lip in berlina black. I was wondering what the best way of going about this was? can I still buy these new from honda? Should I check a scrap yard? Is someone sellling one nearby? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Himura357 05-19-2014 05:09 AM

The OEM AP1 front lips are insanely hard to find as they are usually already attached to a car, or bought up right away. For those reasons, the EBay lip is popular. It is cheap, fits well and is made of urethane which does not break since it is so flexible. I looked for an OEM lip too but could not find one. I didn't try scrap yards though. I believe it is discontinued from Honda.

I really wanted the Amuse AP1 lip but it is just as hard to find. It is either crazy expensive from Japan, or aftermarket and still a few hundred. The Ebay lip was $80 all in to my door. I test fitted it yesterday and it fit fine. You need so 3M tape if you want it perfect with no gaps around the bumper. Even with no tape the gaps are minimal.

Hope that helps.

VTECMAN99 05-19-2014 11:50 AM

Any recommendations for paint shops in the west end? Mississauga, Milton, burlington or Oakville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darcyw 05-19-2014 08:36 PM

the OEM AP1 front lip is becoming a unicorn. keep your eyes peeled on ebay for used OEM ones. There are good reproductions out there and i believe one is advertised on this site somewhere. I had an ebay one that was not an easy fit. You can have it for free if you want to come down to sarnia for it. PM me. its poorly painted SSM.

darcy

A. Dos Santos 05-20-2014 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by darcyw (Post 23167252)
the OEM AP1 front lip is becoming a unicorn. keep your eyes peeled on ebay for used OEM ones. There are good reproductions out there and i believe one is advertised on this site somewhere. I had an ebay one that was not an easy fit. You can have it for free if you want to come down to sarnia for it. PM me. its poorly painted SSM.

darcy

Thanks but im gonna check a scrap yard sometime this week and see if lady luck is on my side. if I still can't find one then I'll just get the 50$ eBay poly urethane ones.

christx 05-21-2014 04:07 AM

I have an ebay ap1 front lip on mine that I will be getting rid of as soon as my cf lip arrives. The previous owner never painted it so it is a bit faded - won't matter if you're going to paint it anyway. It's yours if you want it. :thumbup:

Jinderv 05-21-2014 05:28 PM

I got a front lip. OEM 100%. It's on the car
Buy the car and it's yours :).

DISCONTD 05-21-2014 07:24 PM

I've never seen an s2k in a scrap yard ever, if you find one with an ap1 lip on it I suggest you buy a lottery ticket that day

ArchieS2K 05-19-2019 07:59 PM

Besides Amazon and eBay where are people finding one these, these days ?

Chuck S 05-20-2019 03:52 AM

I was able to easily buy a 2006 NOS factory front spoiler (that's the Honda nomenclature) but that was 4 years ago. Sometimes show up on Ebay. Don't recall finding the earlier version -- but then I wasn't looking for it either. :) Honda dealers are using Ebay these days. I noted a NOS black front spoiler for the 2004+ cars there for about US$360 which seems to be the retail price. I'm not sure where Ebay acquired brand status -- as in Ebay wheels -- it's just a market and a good source for things like this.

The front spoiler was a dealer option and when the car was new it took maybe 20 minutes on a lift to mount one and it looked (and looks) great. Unless your old car is pristine fitting a front spoiler, NOS or reproduction, will need the front bumper removed, disassembled, the thousand stone chips removed and sanded, and repainted. Not as simple as bolting the spoiler onto the bumper if you want it to look right,

-- Chuck