Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Luv You'all - Please Keep In Touch...

Old 12-30-2017, 08:07 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts
Default Luv You'all - Please Keep In Touch...

Hey you'all. Sitting down to write this post puts a lump in my throat. I've been part of a few car communities over the years including moderating at other Honda sites. I will positively 100% say that this is the best damn club. I love all of the great people I've met over the years. I built my dream car since 2009 with no compromises. I watched my car drive away down my street on Thursday from a perspective that I've never seen before (i.e me not in the driver seat )

I thought that I might find a buyer in the next 12+ months hoping for a slow sale process, certainly not expecting to find the right buyer this time of the year. Somehow I crossed paths with a great buyer, Richard and his buddy Eric visited my place on Thursday to pick up the car. I am sure you will see my car at some Toronto meets. I dreaded the thought of the sale process and I wanted to avoid parting it out. It was never going to be posted on autotrader or kijijii under any circumstances. Think of it like an adoption process for my car, it had to go to a good home or I would not release it from my paws. I found a great buyer and the car sold at a fair price, fair for the buyer and fair for me, and nothing but a smooth quick process. My son gave me approval to sell it after some discussion, and it didn't take much for my wife to approve of the sale , lol (typical wife to car relationship eh) I'm hoping my car has a long and reliable life, just like any buyer would want. I would even drive to Toronto to wrench on it if needed in the future, to see my little baby all grown up (sounds weird eh ?). Early reports from the new owner is that it drives like a dream, just like I advertised it. Good news.

I do believe in karma, and I have often given away parts out for free. I have offered to repair cars for other members, and I have always been available for general advice when possible. I recall one member coming to my house from Toronto after buying an S2000 that needed some serious TLC, after the seller sold him a bill of goods. I dug into my parts bin and we repaired about a dozen issues on his car using my spare parts and a day's labour all free of charge. The seats in that ap2 were literally held in with one improperly sized bolt, it rattled to all hell and was a safety hazard. We sent him back to Toronto with a zero rattle S2000, safe and sound and some spare parts to boot all pro bono. To this day I don't recall his name or screen name, but it was a rewarding experience. My buddy Jordan Kowolik saved my butt when my factory motor popped. giving me the motivation to visit him and his family in Tennessee a few times, he didn't charge me anywhere near what he should have and I showed my appreciation by giving him a set of Spoon brakes on top of whatever money he would accept. He was a great S2000 mechanic and I never would have met him without his offer to help. Nick (myflys2k) came to my house a few times to help me assemble my car with the motor/tranny installation and he refused to accept any money I was offering. It was so damn great of him to assist like that. I like to help others out as I've been helped just as much in return. One of the best days of my driving life was being the head organizer of an S2ki and S2kCA drive/meet to Watkins Glen NY. It was one of the most glorious driving experiences I've ever had, good friends, great cars, some cold beer, while visiting a historic region and racetrack. This Canadian knew nothing of the area, but somehow it turned into an amazing event. I was fortunate enough to make one Dragon meet, though I wish that I could have done one every year during my S2K ownership, I was a bit late to the party but it was a great party nonetheless. The Niagara cruises were always great events, and thanks to the organizers who assisted with each of them. I never met an S2000 owner that I did not like, or one that I could not stop talking to about our great cars. That pretty much sums up my experience here.

My son wants an RSX, I somehow feel that will be our next project car, though it was never planned or related to sale of my S2000. We will see how that works out as he works towards his driver's license. I have a 16 Civic Touring Coupe which I really enjoy driving , it satisfies my driving needs for the most part, nothing like an s2000 but pretty nice still. I have some family matters to focus on in coming months so that will take most of my available energy and time, hoping my investment in karma over the years pays back some dividends I'm always dishing out free espresso and cappuccino to S2000 members, nothing like that watered down fake stuff being pushed out there. if you are ever in the area drop me a line,

Wishing everyone here all the best, and much enjoyment in your S2000 driving experiences.
Best regards, & Ciao
Joey

Last edited by zeroptzero; 12-30-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sad to see you go! take it from experience.. you will be back all the best!
Old 12-30-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by s2kdarren
sad to see you go! take it from experience.. you will be back all the best!
Thanks Darren, we met once briefly at a Niagara cruise, I love your car, and it was nice meeting you.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Thanks Darren, we met once briefly at a Niagara cruise, I love your car, and it was nice meeting you.
likewise
Old 12-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Never having the privilege of meeting you in person I feel as if I call you a friend and an ambassador to the S2000 community worldwide. You have certainly guided lost souls when they needed advice and hopefully been given the same in return. You will leave a void in the local and international community that will likely never be filled, you just know too damn much Joey!

We will hopefully see you return in the future with another amazing S2000 like Darren predicts as most eventually return from what I have also seen. It has been a pleasure buying parts from you and reading your advice and opinions throughout the years.

All the best to you and your family in 2018!
Old 12-30-2017, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hfreak
Never having the privilege of meeting you in person I feel as if I call you a friend and an ambassador to the S2000 community worldwide. You have certainly guided lost souls when they needed advice and hopefully been given the same in return. You will leave a void in the local and international community that will likely never be filled, you just know too damn much Joey!

We will hopefully see you return in the future with another amazing S2000 like Darren predicts as most eventually return from what I have also seen. It has been a pleasure buying parts from you and reading your advice and opinions throughout the years.

All the best to you and your family in 2018!
Oh wow, that is such a great compliment friend. I would love to return, who knows what the future holds. I appreciate the well wishes and definitely all the best to you in the New Year too buddy. It has been great dealing with you too.. So damn nice actually. I will pass the ambassador baton over to you know, run with it my friend.

Happy New Year ! , hope to meet one day.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:36 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Joey

Glad you got what you wanted for the car and it was a smooth transaction. All the best to you and the family.

P.S I’ll have to come by for an espresso this coming summer. I’ll lure you in to get another s2000 ...when you take mine for a rip.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Hey Joey

Glad you got what you wanted for the car and it was a smooth transaction. All the best to you and the family.

P.S I’ll have to come by for an espresso this coming summer. I’ll lure you in to get another s2000 ...when you take mine for a rip.
Thanks Nick, yeah come by for some espresso any time, I found a decent source of beans locally so that is a plus. I'd love to see your new ride, it might be enough to lure me back, lol. The sale went very smooth, and very fast and a fair deal all around. The car remains in the community with a great owner, so all is good. Many thanks for all of your help over the years, I always loved to visit your great garage setup, it is fantastic. All the best buddy.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a great pleasure meeting Joey. Real honest guy and knows everything about the s2k. Had the pleasure of driving the car back before the actual owner did lol car was setup perfectly for the streets, felt so damn good and so many rare parts on it too. I am sure we will see you again Joey, s2k owners always comes back anyway LOL just a matter of time. Take care for now and hope to meet other members on here.
The following users liked this post:
zeroptzero (12-30-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 05:11 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Hey Joey- safe travels- its been a pleasure- we'll be in touch.

aaaand...if the bug bites, I have 2 s2000's currently and one has to go in the spring...maybe you'll want back in the game sooner than you think!

darcy

Quick Reply: Luv You'all - Please Keep In Touch...