Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > North America East > Southern Ontario S2000 Owners
Reload this Page >

In the market to buy a S2000. Any help is welcomed!

Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

In the market to buy a S2000. Any help is welcomed!

 
Old 07-05-2018, 01:11 PM
  #11  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 43
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I dm'd you!
usmanmalik is offline  
Old 08-03-2018, 06:02 AM
  #12  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by darcyw View Post
I owned both 2003 AP1 and now an '06. Generally, set a budget and buy the lowest mileage, not salvaged, not winter driven s2000 within that budget. don't be concerned about 20K kms. Really, the 2005 is an excellent choice for its overall packaging- but this depends on what you want to do. Flashpro? then '06+.
I really liked my '03 but am coming to love my '06 as well- for different reasons.

good luck
darcy
Late to the party, but I picked up a '03 AP1 last year (after my daughter was born - go figure).
Would love to hear your thoughts of the differences between the two - I personally never knew I wanted a S2000 until I ended up in one, and never drove an AP2 at all, so I have no reference point of what I'm missing.

Advice for the purchase: try and suss out some clues about how the owner treats the car. I could tell the gentleman I bought mine from took meticulous care of the car: The car had been washed, waxed, and stored under the OEM cover.
Engine bay looked clean enough to eat from, and the moment a leaf fell from a tree onto the cowl, he yanked it away.
And having been burned (almost literally) by a "cheap" TSX, check the Carfax or UVIP to make sure there haven't been too many owners (raises odds and potential for neglect). And bring it to a good mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection (some mechanics might only be looking at the inspection from a "will it pass safety" perspective, which is not enough).
daiheadjai is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 07:34 AM
  #13  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

As a general guide, buy the latest model, lowest mileage S2000 you can afford with the amount you have to spend. S2000's are solid however higher mileage equals more maintenance cost. There is no getting around that fact.
S2KNorth is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 12:58 PM
  #14  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey are you still selling

Originally Posted by S2Driver View Post
I am a senior considering selling my 2004 AP2 with 90k, in Silverstone. Send PM if interested.
hey are you still selling the ap2 by any chance if you are give me a shout [email protected]

Nawras Jauni is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 02:27 PM
  #15  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by S2Driver View Post
I am a senior considering selling my 2004 AP2 with 90k, in Silverstone. Send PM if interested.
s2driver can I have your contact info
Nawras Jauni is offline  
Old 02-28-2019, 03:55 PM
  #16  
 
Hfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 2,187
Received 86 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nawras Jauni View Post

s2driver can I have your contact info
That was mid last season, that car is likely long gone. Good luck with your search.
Hfreak is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:26 AM
  #17  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 206
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by S2KNorth View Post
As a general guide, buy the latest model, lowest mileage S2000 you can afford with the amount you have to spend. S2000's are solid however higher mileage equals more maintenance cost. There is no getting around that fact.
I disagree. If the car is properly maintain, a higher mileage S2K doesn't always mean more maintenance cost.
If you're referring to wear & tear items, then yes a higher mileage cost will need to be replace more frequently. But doesn't mean it will cost arms & legs in the long run.
iamfob is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Brolin_Ap2
S2000 Talk
39
04-30-2014 08:40 PM
Manga_Spawn
Arizona S2000 Owners
96
08-18-2011 08:40 AM
DBess15
Hawaii S2000 Owners
15
03-07-2011 10:25 PM
Mezus
S2000 Talk
12
09-16-2010 07:35 AM
xbenbendx
S2000 Talk
16
08-24-2009 09:33 AM


Quick Reply: In the market to buy a S2000. Any help is welcomed!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands