Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

mike...bust out the stories.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, Nimesh's car rizzocks cause of his shizzocks.

I was pretty max relax on Thursday night too. I think that should be our standard plan from now on, no fuss no mess (except some of us the next morning)

I am definitely thinking about joining the Booty Club, it really was awesome. After getting back into my car (after taking Nimesh's out) my car felt more difficult to 'set' in the turns, and i was actually a little intimidated due to what felt like much higher limits.

As Mike said, the rear was definitely more 'planted' and the turn in was crisp. Now, I don't know what can be attributed to the 17" wheels, different tires, steering rack, or whatnot, but overall I could easily (and I stress easily) pilot Nimesh's around the track with considerably less drama at higher corner speeds. To be honest, I don't think my back straight speeds were any higher at all, but that could be I wasn't really pushing Nimesh's car.

I was a mess due to the different gearing and powerband, but that's another story. Give me as much track time as Mike had (fag) and I'm sure I'd get it right. I'm sure Mike can elaborate further on the differences between the 04 and previous models when regards to the engine. Suffice to say, I believe ( and Albert does too) that you have to take a very very different driving style to get the most out of it.

I have to say the easiest way to "Look" faster going around the track is to lower your car. The three Speedstars not only were fast, they looked even faster as a result of their low ride.

Rob's white / blue S with the 04 wheels is just my favorite S...sick.

Remember, if you want to drive your best, leave everything you have on the track....even your brake pads.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:22 AM

Dude I heard on the radio on the way home, that there were a bunch of cars on the 401 shooting sparks from the wheels.

Whats up wit dat? hahahaha
Old 08-23-2004, 08:27 AM

those little punks don't know what it means to be fast and furious.

Only Ron truly understood that day what 'pure performance' truly means. I believe he was sparking on the way home too.

the sacrifices we make i tell you...
Old 08-23-2004, 08:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can't remember who had the white car, but man, that guy had the lines down to perfection.

on the third stint, he passed me halfway through the session. i chased him for a bit (he's on r compounds) and noticed that i was all over the place compared to him...my instructor (who was very good, btw), told me to just memorize his lines as they were "perfect".

in the last session, he passed me again with a few laps to go....this time, i was always in contact with him (relatively speaking).

i also added about 10-15k (instuctor said the car should be able to take it at 95 - i was doing about 80-83 consistently) to my turn 2 entry speed and about 5k to my turn-in after the back straight.

i was braking at the 50 (sometimes later) - the brakes have already proven their worth - i'm so happy with them.

however, i am under-tired as any of james and mike will attest to....easy to invoke ABS at any time on the track....especially at the lefthander before the front straight (that bump doesn't help either). felt like i was gonna lose it into the weeds almost every time.

it's really fun when you have a good car.

tugz passed me like i was standing still on the 1st stint....after that, i think i only got passed by the speedstar cars all day long.

almost traded paint with that BMW that was in our group....so close...you guys have no idea.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mindcore,Aug 23 2004, 12:09 PM
that was the highlight for me, sitting on the side of the road, Nimesh pissed that he was going to miss his session, which he didn't woo!
the bast part was that after about a minute or two of sitting there, we just kinda both turned, looked at each other and burst out laughing our asses off....

on top of which, my cell phone started beeping "low battery" right after i tried the first person....and the charger was at the track - in my bag!!

Old 08-23-2004, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by adelaide,Aug 23 2004, 12:27 PM
those little punks don't know what it means to be fast and furious.

Only Ron truly understood that day what 'pure performance' truly means. I believe he was sparking on the way home too.

the sacrifices we make i tell you...
They're still sparkin....

That's what happens when Albert "suggests" you change the pads but you think you can make it one more day.

Although, I can tell you that driving like you have no brakes left lends itself to excellent gas mileage.

Another story from the drive up was when we were cruising at at very lesuirely (and legal) 98kph and the Grand Prix with the streetglow kits passes us all. I think that was a wakeup call from the snooze cruise and Players3 takes off and the rest follow.

That and the bar running dry on Johnnie Black and Jamisons.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:01 AM

oh yeah.

dude, that could have led to a riot if it had happened an hour eralier.....i think everyone was all "drunk-out" to care if there was any more whiskey left by the time it actually did run out.

i recall about 16 eager and jovial guys gathered near the bar.

they woulda had to call the cops - LOL.

Old 08-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All i remember was getting passed by the Speedstar guys....

Those guys have skills!...

What were you guys hittin in the back straight? I think i Hit 170 at one point then went really hard on the brakes....Scott my instructor told me to keep going until he said to brake. I remember seeing 170
Old 08-23-2004, 09:13 AM

yup....170 every time....not a click more, not a click less.

ian, no doubt they have skills.....but, they were also all on r-compounds....we're talking about a 10 sec. advantage per lap at shannonville.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Aug 23 2004, 12:13 PM
yup....170 every time....not a click more, not a click less.

ian, no doubt they have skills.....but, they were also all on r-compounds....we're talking about a 10 sec. advantage per lap at shannonville.
10 seconds/lap due to just r-compounds at shannonville! I don't think so. They're probably good for 2-3 seconds max!

Quick Reply: mike...bust out the stories.