Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Which model of floor jack do you guys use?

Old 04-21-2016, 07:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Which model of floor jack do you guys use?

Hey there guys,

I have a cheap powerfist floor jack that weighs 100+lbs and cant even reach the front lift point for the S2000. I'm looking for a lighter weight jack that can actually reach our lift point.

What models are you guys using with success? I don't want to have to put the up on wood just to fit a jack under there.

Make, model and rough price would be awesome. Thanks a bunch!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm guessing something like this would work for our cars as it is low enough, but it also needs to be long enough to reach.

https://www.amazon.ca/American-Forge...low+floor+jack

Old 04-21-2016, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 years ago I was a CT employee so I bought this low pro jack on sale with employee discount and it's easily been the best jack I've had, after having gone through several princess auto ones and standard ones this one has been solid.

It's discontinued but it looks a similar build to the one you linked, and in this range they are mostly rebrands anyway.

It can lift from the diff no problem and can lift from the front as well easily. I do still need 2x4's to be high enough but that's my problem not universal.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I don't think any jacks will reach the front center jack point (on a lowered s2k) without driving onto ramps/wood first. There was a previous thread where Joey measured the distance and compared it to various jacks. Would be great if there was one though, I'd love one also
Old 04-21-2016, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Canadian Tire's MotoMaster low-profile aluminum jack.

Home Depot has the same jack on sale (under their Husky brand) for $69.99, so try grabbing that.

Only thing is, similar to what Amplified_AP1 mentioned, depending on use/application, it may not lift high enough. Eg. Two weekends ago, I helped a friend install springs onto his civic SI, and we raised the rear (tow hook is lifting point on that car), and it raised it enough to get the tires off the floor, and on jack stands' lowest settings - couldn't get it high enough to put it on the 2nd click or higher.

Should be fine for the s2k though, and for tire changes, etc. Otherwise you can use a 2x4 to get that extra bit of height.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:31 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by afzan
I don't think any jacks will reach the front center jack point (on a lowered s2k) without driving onto ramps/wood first. There was a previous thread where Joey measured the distance and compared it to various jacks. Would be great if there was one though, I'd love one also
How about this one (ignoring the price)? 41 inches long and will get under 2.5 inches. That's almost 3.5 feet.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1
Old 04-21-2016, 03:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Get two jacks. Low profile aluminum. That way you have a bunch of options for lifting the car, Oh, BTW, don't forget to buy 4 axle stands. Never, ever rely on hydraulic jacks to hold your car up when you are under the car.

When I was a kid, in the UK, my Dad and I came across our neighbour under his car, the jack had slipped and one side of the car was resting on his chest. He was still alive and I remember the pinkish/red bubbles coming out of his mouth. I thought it was pretty cool, but then I was only six.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

I bought this one last fall, long reach and high lift. No complaints so far.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...l#.VxlwjlJ-SuI
Old 04-21-2016, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-21-2016, 06:09 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Originally Posted by Hfreak
I bought this one last fall, long reach and high lift. No complaints so far.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...l#.VxlwjlJ-SuI
I've got one of these, they work quite well, they left pretty quickly with fewer pumps needed. Works really well under the diff.

I echo what Robin said about having 2 good jacks ( I've got at least three though), the two-jack lift method works well on lowered cars. No need to drive on wood blocks or anything like that.

Quick Reply: Which model of floor jack do you guys use?