Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

My car has been stolen

Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
Originally Posted by teledog' timestamp='1364995365' post='22447863
So sorry. Hope your insurance will cover everything.I remember when my car was pushed into the street but the neighbour saw them before the flatbed got there. I had a $1,000 deductible. Forget about the cops. They are no help.
Your neighbour watched and didnt do anything?
its a difficult subject brotha. If i saw my neighbors expensive little sports car that i didnt know how the hell he could afford get towed away. I would think he was in over his head and the bank took it. Its not like everyone is into the car scene and knows this sort of thing. On a side note... everyone laughed at me when i said one of the reasons for selling my car was this right here. When im able to afford a nice daily driver and an s2000 is the only time i will get back into an s2000. I feel for you Serhan. So Sorry brother.

And yes... movie theatres are the worst place to park your vehicle. Someone follows you in and once you park they know your not coming back for a few hours.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:35 AM

It really makes no difference what the car had or didnt have. Its gone and discussing if it had GPS tracking here wont bring it back. Id appreciate it if those comments were left in your head and not posted here. Thanks.

If a thief wants your car bad enough you could have whatever you want installed, they will find a way to take it. I wouldnt be surprised if it was just towed away, nobody would ever stop to question it.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1365001128' post='22448103
[quote name='teledog' timestamp='1364995365' post='22447863']
So sorry. Hope your insurance will cover everything.I remember when my car was pushed into the street but the neighbour saw them before the flatbed got there. I had a $1,000 deductible. Forget about the cops. They are no help.
Your neighbour watched and didnt do anything?
its a difficult subject brotha. If i saw my neighbors expensive little sports car that i didnt know how the hell he could afford get towed away. I would think he was in over his head and the bank took it. Its not like everyone is into the car scene and knows this sort of thing. On a side note... everyone laughed at me when i said one of the reasons for selling my car was this right here. When im able to afford a nice daily driver and an s2000 is the only time i will get back into an s2000. I feel for you Serhan. So Sorry brother.

And yes... movie theatres are the worst place to park your vehicle. Someone follows you in and once you park they know your not coming back for a few hours.
[/quote]
I would almost classify it as the bystander effect. Thinking about it now i would probably say something. In my old neighbourhood all my neighbours would be outside asking questions if my car were being towed away. They did too, when i towed it to the honda dealership nearly 2 years ago. Maybe i was spoiled living in such an area for most of my life.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM

Sorry to hear mate. Hopefully your insurance will at least cover the monetary component properly. The emotional component is the hard part though so chin up and I suppose if worst comes to worst, start thinking about a replacement S2K or perhaps something new...We all get attached to our vehichles, myself included but, at the end of the day, they're just material possessions. Nevertheless, hope it all works out.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:10 PM

I'll post on my Fbook as most of my friends are in the KW/GTA.
I hope you get it back.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Posted it on my FB and local car group. Hopefully we can get the car back at least
Old 04-03-2013, 02:30 PM

Was driving around in a shady part of Vaughn and went behind a commercial complex, I saw the nose of a Gpw s2000 sticking out and my heart skipped a beat. It was an ap2 tho black seats ap2 lights and pretty beat up. Checked the dash vin and wasn't mine. Fenders were still oem.

There was a silver stone ap1 on enkies out front too.

So close but so far....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-03-2013, 03:00 PM

Sorry to hear, Serhan I hope you can recover some of the lost dollars. Best of luck.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Hope this will prevent future thefts. When parking my cars in my driveway I always crank the steering all the way to 1 side. I know the bastards can steal it too but it just gives the car a little protection.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:57 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

If someone wants to start finding these missing cars they need to set up a sting operation in that parking lot.

We've seen maybe a half-dozen cars stolen like this where the cars disappear real fast, sometimes right out of the homeowner's driveway, along with some high-end NSX's. I admire you looking for your car Serhan, but my guess is that these cars don't make it back on the road in Ontario. I think they might end up in a shipping container destined for foreign shores ?

If it happened to me I'd be working to get the best money you can out of the insurance company and put a deposit down on Himura's super clean S2000 once you get over the insurance waiting period.

Quick Reply: My car has been stolen