Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

NA Gauges

Old 02-03-2018, 08:13 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

never been a fan of pillar gauges, and I never wanted to have a gauge flashing at me 24/7. I installed mine on the side of the radio console, on the knee bolsters, out of the way enough that it isn't flashing in your face, but you can easily read it when you want. I imagine the radio control area would be much the same, so try that.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:27 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Science of Speed makes a nice clean plate for a 52mm guage to replace the radio controls. Adds a bit to the project but saves you from cutting up the OEM panel.

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index...0-2000-09.html
Old 02-05-2018, 08:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm running the SOS pod and it's pretty slick.
Was a bitch to install though... lol

I'm wanting to install an oil pressure and temp soon just not sure if I want to run another pod somewhere or replace this unit with one of those all in one gauges like this.... https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index...can-gauge.html
Old 02-05-2018, 09:25 AM

ya, I installed mine and buttoned everything back up. then realized that there's no way I'm getting the main connector for the AF gauge through the fire wall and the only way is to put the connector attached to the gauge through the fire wall. So I have to take the whole steering column/dash apart again. Needless to say, I haven't done it yet lol.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by haga888
ya, I installed mine and buttoned everything back up. then realized that there's no way I'm getting the main connector for the AF gauge through the fire wall and the only way is to put the connector attached to the gauge through the fire wall. So I have to take the whole steering column/dash apart again. Needless to say, I haven't done it yet lol.
I popped mine through the rubber grommet on the fire wall, wasn't too hard, cut a hole in the grommet and then taped the wiring and connector to a wire clothes hanger and fished it through to the cabin. I did it the same way with my oil pressure setup on the driver side and the air fuel setup on the passenger side.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^ haha... I did it the right way with mine. Fed the tiny connector through the grommet instead cause SMRT.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I popped mine through the rubber grommet on the fire wall, wasn't too hard, cut a hole in the grommet and then taped the wiring and connector to a wire clothes hanger and fished it through to the cabin. I did it the same way with my oil pressure setup on the driver side and the air fuel setup on the passenger side.
The connector I'd have to feed through the fire wall is about the size of a nickle

Not happening.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by haga888
The connector I'd have to feed through the fire wall is about the size of a nickle

Not happening.
I'm positive I've fed items that large through the firewall, the grommet just under the clutch MC is very large, and the one on the passenger side might be doable too, but definitely the driver side grommet under the clutch MC. Once you slit the grommet and make a hole, then use a wire hanger with the connector duct taped to the hanger really well, I'm pretty sure it will work. I fed a couple connectors and lots of wiring through that driver side grommet on the fire wall, it comes out just around the clutch pedal area in the cabin.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I'm positive I've fed items that large through the firewall, the grommet just under the clutch MC is very large, and the one on the passenger side might be doable too, but definitely the driver side grommet under the clutch MC. Once you slit the grommet and make a hole, then use a wire hanger with the connector duct taped to the hanger really well, I'm pretty sure it will work. I fed a couple connectors and lots of wiring through that driver side grommet on the fire wall, it comes out just around the clutch pedal area in the cabin.
I'll look again, but I'm pretty sure with the wiring harness already in there, there was no way it was happening. But car is in storage so this is gonna be an April/May problem lol.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:16 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

you can also depin the connector, pass it through the firewall and repin it

Quick Reply: NA Gauges