S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   New member!! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/new-member-30111/)

MR2T 10-01-2001 04:51 PM

New member!!

Hi,

I just found this site and it seems pretty cool. Anyway I'm wondering how many ppl are in the s2000 club? As you can see in my sig I have an mr2 turbo, we have about 45 members in the Ontario Mr2 Owners club. We usually go for drives, track days and even bars in the winter time. Sunday we had a meet and we had a nice drive we even had some members from the CRX club come along with us. We had a great turn out, we had close to 30 cars show up. Maybe we can get the mr2 and s2000 club together one time:D

Mindcore 10-01-2001 05:06 PM

Hey MR2T,
It's funny that you logged in, One of my customers, Adrian, cool guy, drives a white Mr2 was just telling me about your meet. I think joining up would be cool, that is if you can keep up :)

I know, I know, he was telling me all about the guy with mid 11 car. Probably make me look like I'm going backwards

Welcome to the board.

taylor 10-02-2001 06:07 AM

So uhh.. which one of my cars do I bring if there's a co Stook/MR2 meet? :)

Mindcore 10-02-2001 07:32 AM

Wow, that's a tough decision :)

are you gonna be able to ditch whatever's going on Sunday to make the meet?

Kace 10-02-2001 07:05 PM

Originally posted by Mindcore
I know, I know, he was telling me all about the guy with mid 11 car. Probably make me look like I'm going backwards

You wouldn't happen to know if this MR2 is from Kitchener, would you???
There's a white one around here that's rumoured to be running in the 11's or 12's.
Thanx :D

Mindcore 10-02-2001 08:54 PM

To tell you the truth I don't know, But I can ask him tommorow....Stay tuned

MR2T 10-03-2001 05:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kace
[B]

You wouldn't happen to know if this MR2 is from Kitchener, would you???
There's a white one around here that's rumoured to be running in the 11's or 12's.

Kace 10-03-2001 05:25 PM

Originally posted by MR2T

Yeah this one was white but I dont know where his from. This was the first time I saw him myself. He has it lowered with 17'' rims, no kit.

Yeah, that sounds like it. He lives 2 seconds from my place. He has racing seats, and a nice, respectable exhaust. With a single roof scoop. The owner is Asian too.
He also hangs out with a red, new generation RX7.

Damn, I should just go snap a picture of it and post it...hehehe

taylor 10-04-2001 05:36 AM

I haven't heard anything about an 11 second MR2 around.

If he has a hood scoop I doubt it. That's a bad mod. Hot air rises and you're shoving air down the scoop which helps trap the hot air in the engine bay. Not bright.

However I was thinking of modding a scoop so it channels air directly to the intake. In fact, build a little box around the intake and suck in air from the side scoops and the top scoop. But for now, I'll just leave well enough alone. :)

Mike: Umm, yeah I'm planning to make the meet. I have a HADA party here on the 13th though (you're more than welcome to come if you'd like, maybe the guys can talk you into joining :) So I dunno how wrecked I'll be. But I had told Rahul I'd be there so we can finally do the business on the bra. :) Of course, weather will play a factor. There is an event on the 14th up in Barrie area, I hear it's totally kickass. Where is 400 and 89 in that regard?

MR2T 10-04-2001 03:32 PM

he dosent have an air scoop, and he has stock leather seats