S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   New member - Not an s2k owner yet.. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/new-member-not-s2k-owner-yet-1010318/)

scoobybpc 03-12-2013 09:43 AM

New member - Not an s2k owner yet..

Hi guys,

I am new to the forums and thinking about switching from my subaru wrx to an S2000.. I love everything about my subaru and have almost had it for 4 years, however now I have access to a company vehicle. I bought the Subie becuase I saw it as a practical year round fun daily driver, now that I have another daily driver, it makes me want to switch the Subaru out for something less practical. S2000 is on my radar!

Do you all meet up frequently as the spring rolls in? I've actually never driven or even been in an s2000. While I dont expect anyone to take their baby for a test drive, id love to just be able to sit in one and maybe get taken for a spin.

On a side note, if anyone knows an s2k owner that wants to switch to subaru, tell them to send me a message! I'd love to make this as painless as possible (painless as in it hurts to even think about selling my pride and joy :( ) but if I could trade with an s2k Id feel better (obviously i'd be adding cash to the deal!)

Anyways just wanted to say hi as I am in the GTA, and I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you and getting more hands on with the car.

Heres my introduction thread if you want to see photos of my wrx

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/100...ng-of-joining/

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/7aece69a.jpg

zeroptzero 03-12-2013 10:20 AM

You sound like a perfect candidate for an S2000. If you can get over the lack of torque on these cars you will appreciate everything else about the car, going from a Subaru to an S2000 the lack of torque will be significant. There are a couple beauties for sale in the ontario for sale forum right now - Himura's and Purplemonkey's if you have a chance to check them out.

ATNCHN 03-12-2013 01:11 PM

Which part of GTA are you located in?

starchland 03-12-2013 01:23 PM

what is it with the subaru to s2000 switcheroo?! The 2 cars are very different but I guess its driving they both command respect from?

sanjay 03-12-2013 02:00 PM

while not a switch -- my other car is a Forester XT.

the S2000 makes me very happy

purplemonkeydishwasher 03-12-2013 02:35 PM

Sorry guys my S2000 was regrettably sold on Saturday to a very nice gentlemen. There are great examples of s2000's out right now though. Best of luck finding an S2000...they are truly special cars. If I wasn't so madly in love with my new car (which I haven't even received yet) I would have never ever considered even trying to sell the S2000.

Just taking it out of storage to have it's oil changed made me questions whether getting rid of it was the right decision. Talk about a joy to own...

zeroptzero 03-12-2013 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by purplemonkeydishwasher (Post 22399474)
Sorry guys my S2000 was regrettably sold on Saturday to a very nice gentlemen. There are great examples of s2000's out right now though. Best of luck finding an S2000...they are truly special cars. If I wasn't so madly in love with my new car (which I haven't even received yet) I would have never ever considered even trying to sell the S2000.

Just taking it out of storage to have it's oil changed made me questions whether getting rid of it was the right decision. Talk about a joy to own...

Congrats on the sale, what is the new car ?

myflys2k 03-12-2013 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by purplemonkeydishwasher (Post 22399474)

So you still lurk :stick: :D

scoobybpc 03-13-2013 06:32 AM

Hi and thanks for all the replies. I am currently living in Oshawa but probably moving closer to Markham or Newmarket within the next few months.

I'm part of the Toronto Subaru Club (and have been since 2003!) and we have a few members that have switched from S2000 to Subaru. Ive seen some ads posted going the other way as well (which is what im trying to do!). I believe it will be a good switch.

I am in no hurry, I love my car and have taken very good care of it, therefore i want to find the same in an s2000. I won't make the change until I find the right fit. I kinda doubt I'll be making the switch this summer, but maybe in the fall or next winter. It would be good timing for me as I might have access to a garage to store it for the winter months, and I'm sure it would be good timing if I'm trading with an s2000 owner as they will get to play with their car for the summer, and switch to awd for the winter :)

I wish I could keep my car, my original plan was to keep both, but its not realistic for me. However now that I have a supplied vehicle I really dont see my car as necessary. I know some subaru guys who keep their cars as garage queens, I dont believe a subaru should be tucked away come winter!

Keep your eyes and ears peeled for anyone looking to make the switch. I'm aware of S2K values and my cars value, and I know id be throwing some cash in. That said, i think my car could put a huge grin on an s2k owners face ;)

purplemonkeydishwasher 03-13-2013 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION (Post 22399481)

Originally Posted by purplemonkeydishwasher' timestamp='1363127702' post='22399474

Congrats on the sale, what is the new car ?

I will post pictures of it once I take delivery of it officially but nothing to brag home about. It's only 118hp https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/public/st...t/rolleyes.gif

@ myflys2k, better be careful with his comments though...you may not get to drive it with that kind of attitude!