Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

New Sticky Idea ---- CO's?

Old 04-20-2015, 06:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Sticky Idea ---- CO's?

How about creating a Sticky for all the track sessions that get posted up throughout the year.

Keeps the main fourm clean and will help organize and keep the track session info easily accessible.

Nobody really posts in those except to remark the good/bad about the organizer.

Just a thought
Old 04-20-2015, 06:17 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

There's always this: http://torontotrackdays.com/

There are individual threads for open lapping nights for TMP and Grand Bend as they have the most days, and Shannonville is pretty far for most folks. Do you mean having a sticky for each track?

Might be good idea to have a sticky about seasonal events though since it seems like we've set the date for the Muskoka Cruise.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:23 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

I've always been a big advocate for creating a calendar. The CO's at the start of the season break down all the main events, as and when the various track organizers / other members show up, they can PM them to add in to the calendar.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually didn't sticky info about all the track days the random groups post because I felt it was their responsibility to upkeep their thread. They also make money from it, as far as I understand, which had me go to my first point of their job to upkeep it.

I agree we should have a sticky for track days or a thread with events for the season. I'll have to make something up today
Old 04-20-2015, 07:13 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
I usually didn't sticky info about all the track days the random groups post because I felt it was their responsibility to upkeep their thread. They also make money from it, as far as I understand, which had me go to my first point of their job to upkeep it.

I agree we should have a sticky for track days or a thread with events for the season. I'll have to make something up today
So sticky for track days or not? I don't think we need a sticky for the random groups though, but if there's steady attendance for certain tracks, then sure. I'm a fan of the seasonal calendar though, even if the dates are left blank as place holders just so peeps have a sense of what's coming up.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:35 AM

I understand. Just to move those threads to a Stickied thread to keep them out of the main fourm would help in a few ways. Organized, easy to scope out chronologically whats taking place, they are more of "FYI" thread then a discussion.

Ideally anyone that wanted to post group days should create a Single post, listing all the events they are hosting with Dates, Pricing, Limitations. This to me would keep it simple and clean but that would be asking alot from CO's as I'm sure the posters will have no idea how to do this properly unless instructed several times first

A lot of good ideas, just wondering if there's a better way to approach this and we know this is a constant and reoccuring event (spring to Fall anyways).
Old 04-20-2015, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by LDubz735
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1429541313' post='23584386

So sticky for track days or not? I don't think we need a sticky for the random groups though, but if there's steady attendance for certain tracks, then sure. I'm a fan of the seasonal calendar though, even if the dates are left blank as place holders just so peeps have a sense of what's coming up.
A few ways to skin that. There's one on here but i'm not sure if that's localized, also Google Calendar.

I'm taking about random ones too. IDK I'm just thinking it's a focused and specific topic that random groups would like to add info to. Why not keep it under one thread as opposed to many threads from many sources (which get's buried)... Like I said, just a thought.

I would think the posters and the board would benefit as it keeps the board clean. win win
Old 04-20-2015, 07:51 AM

Example:

2015 Track Day Events - STicky. Please read first post on how to structure posting guidelines (if they do not conform, just delete the post).

Every year, delete the previous year and start a new one. 2016, etc
Old 04-20-2015, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing I want to make is an FYI about tracking the s2000 before I list a bunch of track events. More for the people who are curious of it, to give them a quick run down. Then I'll likely list the track events available at the bottom, or a new thread, will see how it looks when I write it up.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:18 AM

The first thing I want to make is an FYI about tracking the s2000 before I list a bunch of track events. More for the people who are curious of it, to give them a quick run down. Then I'll likely list the track events available at the bottom, or a new thread, will see how it looks when I write it up.
Not sure if a sub-forum would work by listing the tracks location specifically:

TMP
Shanonville
Mosport

Quick Reply: New Sticky Idea ---- CO's?