Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Newbie looking to buy/trade for stock ap2

Old 06-23-2013, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie looking to buy/trade for stock ap2

Hello,

I am looking to get out of my Porsche Carrera and into a clean s2000. The Porsche is amusing a little to much attention at work and want a fun daily driver

Looking for something stock and any colour except yellow. Best case scenario would be a straight trade or deposit until I get mine sold

I'm in Toronto

Thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 07:08 PM

You should post details of your Porsche here.

I made the move from a 911 to the S2000 and couldn't be happier.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:25 PM

Did the same, couldn't be happier not having to worry about the ims bearing letting go and needing a 10000 dollar rebuilt motor from Porsche....

Just sell it privately got 23000 for my 99 911 with 80k on it
Old 06-23-2013, 07:28 PM

Specs and Details would be great. I was actually thinking of going from my CR to a Cayman S, but I haven't been able to get a test drive or know of anyone that has one to make a good assessment for doing the jump or not.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by sanjay

I would really like to hear your experience from this!

Originally Posted by s2kt3
Did the same, couldn't be happier not having to worry about the ims bearing letting go and needing a 10000 dollar rebuilt motor from Porsche....

I have no fear of the IMS bearing as I upgraded to the LN Engineering bearing when I replaced my clutch.

Do you enjoy the s2000 as much as the porsche?

Originally Posted by -R- Spirit
Specs and Details would be great. I was actually thinking of going from my CR to a Cayman S, but I haven't been able to get a test drive or know of anyone that has one to make a good assessment for doing the jump or not.
It is a 2000 Carrera Cabrio - Canadian Car
White with Black top and matching White hardtop
Full leather interior with sport seats, white hardbacks.
IMS BEaring replaced - clutch -coils-plugs
enjoyed it for 4 years

I want to stay in a fun cabrio that I can drive daily in the summer. Although I would be giving up back seats for my kids, I would be able to drive to and from work and to see clients which I can not do now with the Porsche. So it is delegated to a weekend car.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:15 AM

A lot faster, handles just as well. Gearbox isn't as great but very close. 1.5k brake job every two years, $500 oil change. No problem daily driving in snow with proper tires. 09+ has LED tails.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the S2000 will attract more attention than the 996
I see more Porsches on the streets than S2000
Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ihateclaims
Originally Posted by sanjay' timestamp='1372043327' post='22626548

I would really like to hear your experience from this!

Originally Posted by s2kt3

I have no fear of the IMS bearing as I upgraded to the LN Engineering bearing when I replaced my clutch.

Do you enjoy the s2000 as much as the porsche?

It is a 2000 Carrera Cabrio - Canadian Car
White with Black top and matching White hardtop
Full leather interior with sport seats, white hardbacks.
IMS BEaring replaced - clutch -coils-plugs
enjoyed it for 4 years

I want to stay in a fun cabrio that I can drive daily in the summer. Although I would be giving up back seats for my kids, I would be able to drive to and from work and to see clients which I can not do now with the Porsche. So it is delegated to a weekend car.

Any help would be appreciated!
Pictures speak 1000 words
Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by ATNCHN
I think the S2000 will attract more attention than the 996
I see more Porsches on the streets than S2000
I can't disagree with this comment. There are a lot of Porsches out there.

BUT - for "non Car folk" - seeing you in a Porsche represents making a lot of money. This leads to your invoices not being paid timely and your work being scrutinized as you must be charging too much!

Their thought process is that it is a $140,000 car. They do not realize their minivan is worth more than Porsche.

For the car folk in us, they realize that it is a 13 year old 996 that is a great deal at todays current market price ($20,000 -$40,000) range.

The s2000 while being a fantastic car does not carry that same stigma, regardless if your a car guy or not.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ihateclaims
For the car folk in us, they realize that it is a 13 year old 996 that is a great deal at todays current market price ($20,000 -$40,000) range.

The s2000 while being a fantastic car does not carry that same stigma, regardless if your a car guy or not.
Sadly, I don't think most people in the general public, let alone the mini van driving population, even knows what an S2000 is. All they see is a flashy roadster, which = baller lifestyle in most people's minds. Granted, the Honda emblem may help, but if I wanted to be more incognito, I'd stay away from any thing with only 2 doors. My 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Newbie looking to buy/trade for stock ap2