S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Southern Ontario S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/)
-   -   Next Project Car - Integra GSR or RSX-S ? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/southern-ontario-s2000-owners-195/next-project-car-integra-gsr-rsx-s-1183041/)

zeroptzero 03-23-2018 01:33 PM

Next Project Car - Integra GSR or RSX-S ?

My son and I need a new project car to spend time messing with, been real bored since getting rid of the S2000. I really want an Integra Type R but none around for sale. I have recently come across an Integra GSR in good shape, my son would like an RSX Type S. Both cars looking at have the same mileage, new brakes, leather interior, etc, and about the same price , give or take. Any recommendations from anyone on either car ? . I always liked the GSR and often thought it's motor was almost as good as the Type R. The Type S is a more modern platform . Almost no GSR's for sale out there other than the one I found.

I'd like to take either to the track this summer, not necessarily looking for a track burner but something fun to whip around. Anyone have a preference on either platform.

Thanks for any replies.

Joey

Adrenalize 03-23-2018 02:07 PM

That's a tough choice, but the RSX might be the better choice since it has a K series motor. Also finding a decent Type S is easier than finding a decent GSR.

Have you thought about K swapping an Integra?

As for the Type R, they are pretty much non existent on the used market. If you do manage to come across one it's going to cost big bucks.

Hfreak 03-23-2018 02:32 PM

I like the GSR, nice project. Chad and I played around with one late last summer, sweet little car. This one was the RHD version with 74000Kms. Good luck Joey.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...39ec618538.jpg

zeroptzero 03-23-2018 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize (Post 24437251)
That's a tough choice, but the RSX might be the better choice since it has a K series motor. Also finding a decent Type S is easier than finding a decent GSR.

Have you thought about K swapping an Integra?

As for the Type R, they are pretty much non existent on the used market. If you do manage to come across one it's going to cost big bucks.

Yeah the Type R is becoming a unicorn it seems. A k-swapped integra would be cool, never thought about that, lol. I'm leaning towards the Integra but my son likes the RSX. Might check out one of each this weekend.

zeroptzero 03-23-2018 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hfreak (Post 24437260)
I like the GSR, nice project. Chad and I played around with one late last summer, sweet little car. This one was the RHD version with 74000Kms. Good luck Joey.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...39ec618538.jpg

Hey Todd, that is a sweet Integra, that is giving me some motivation for the GSR project. Plus I could rebuild the GSR in my sleep if needed, lol. I hope to get a better look at one this weekend. Thanks for the reply.

afzan 03-23-2018 04:58 PM

Not sure how much of a project you were looking for but I'm going to be selling my 2002 rsx-s (185k) soon if you're interested. Bought it from Myflys2k a few years back. Shoot me a message if so

darcyw 03-23-2018 05:02 PM

I like the Integra idea- they are dead nuts easy to work on, parts are plentiful, and easy to find. Plus, old school cool. Mind, you'll need to do timing belt replacements q7 yrs.

start with a rust free southern state example- you'll be able to import it (>15 yrs old now) easy, breezy. Check out bringatrailer.com as there is one on there right now.

I love projects, but I have too many of them now.

dracy

zeroptzero 03-23-2018 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by afzan (Post 24437309)
Not sure how much of a project you were looking for but I'm going to be selling my 2002 rsx-s (185k) soon if you're interested. Bought it from Myflys2k a few years back. Shoot me a message if so

you were the lucky guy to get that one. I wanted my sister and nephew to buy it but they ended up going the Del sol route and spent many times more than what the Rsx was worth after it was all said and done, lol. PM being sent.

zeroptzero 03-23-2018 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by darcyw (Post 24437312)
I like the Integra idea- they are dead nuts easy to work on, parts are plentiful, and easy to find. Plus, old school cool. Mind, you'll need to do timing belt replacements q7 yrs.

start with a rust free southern state example- you'll be able to import it (>15 yrs old now) easy, breezy. Check out bringatrailer.com as there is one on there right now.

I love projects, but I have too many of them now.

dracy

Looking at a GSR with 180k on it tomorrow, the timing belt was changed at 120k, any idea how often TB's are changed, it has been a long time since I did one. I know simple enough to do myself though.
I think it would be a fun project car as long as the Honda rust doesn't go nuts, it apparently has two small spots on it, will see tomorrow, it is low mileage for the age I guess.

Himura357 03-24-2018 06:05 AM

I think the timing belt schedule on those was every 120,000km or 7 years due to belt degradation.

Both cars are awesome. Not much to do to the Type S as its already got a great engine and transmission.

I would get the Integra with the best body possible no matter which engine it came with and do a swap. I hear B20 with a VTEC head is very popular.